Rumor Coach Munch is staying...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

you see what you made me do?

I just gave TST a H5, I wish nothing but the worst of things upon you.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

...and the only people in the stands will be the other teams fans

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

this has to be a troll account, not even the most uneducated back woods foogie talks like that.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Damn you're reaching. Never heard of him.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't see why Locker wouldn't be back under any circumstances. We save NOTHING in cap by cutting him and when healthy he played very well and he has a year left so why not let it play out. If there is a new regime they might draft a new QB though. Still, no reason to cut him. And even with a new QB, Locker probably starts in 2014.

6. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Them 'ere titans gon' have that munchie fer coach agin next year!

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You may not think he should stay. But you sure seem to be making a lot of excuses for the guy.

Look, I'm not saying that we CAN'T do worse. Of course we can do worse. I'm not proposing we hand the job to Bilbo Lowgains or anything like that. But the point is we haven't improved ENOUGH under Munchak. And we haven't made the playoffs in 3 years with him as HC. And, to me at least, making the playoffs and ultimately winning a SB is what it's all about. I don't take moral victories in "Well, at least we're not the worst team in the league". So, me personally, I'd rather take a chance (YES, I fully acknowledge there's risk involved and it's not a "sure thing") on someone else than keep wallowing in mediocrity with Munch.

9-7, 6-10, 7-9, 0-16... makes no difference to me if we ultimately don't make the playoffs. I'm just so freaking sick of all the mediocrity. And I'm dying for this organization, FOR ONCE, to just pull out all the stops and show that they're sick of it as well.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Aaron Rodgers former college coach, the guy is a QB guru, sounds like what Jake needs to take off to the next level

Im just digging up new names no one is talking about. Only so much Lovie Smith and John Gruden talk I can take.

9. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

I'd kill to have him on the staff, Rodgers is my boy, and whoever trained him, needs to be on our staff. lol

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Totally agree. I actually thought he could no longer run like that the way he has run for most of the last 2 season but with that game against the texans top 10 D, he showed when properly motivated, he can still be very good!!! Unfortunately, he's not motivated to play here when he's got 8-10mil in salary. This is why i wanted to sign him to a more stats based/rewards based contract with roster bonuses each year to keep him motivated to play at a high level. Reinfeld was not smart in signing him to the contract we gave him like Ruston wasn't smart in signing Griff to the contract they gave him.

Hopefully, we learn from those mistakes!!!

But hard to see how we keep CJ and get him to run like he did in the last game....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar