Rumor Clowney just followed our PFF analysts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by STEVE McFLARE, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Give this dude a 2 year deal that pays him 15m this year and 21m next year. That should get it done and still leaves us with 6m to work with for 2020. Then go sign Dalton and a kicker. Those are the only missing pieces to this team being in the top tier of contenders.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Young54

Young54 Starter

Per this, sounds like the Seahawks are definitely still interested. I figured it was mostly talk:

"It almost appeared the Titans were the favorite to land Clowney earlier this week, when Seahawks defensive tackle Jarran Reed announced on Twitter that he was taking Clowney's jersey number next season. He then backtracked -- deleting his tweet and then deactivating his Twitter account. Seahawks general manager John Schneider also came out and said he had not approved Reed's request."

3. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

Dalton would make a great backup, I just don't feel confident having Woodside as the backup. If Tannehill went down the season would essentially be over. Dalton's best days are far behind him, but he would still be significantly better than some of the backups we've had in recent years such as Matt Cassell and Blaine Gabbert.

4. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

Seattle drafted this guy : NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Darrell Taylor | NFL.com

I reckon they likely moved on.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I still think he likely ends up a Titan... But after all this garbage, he'll be one of my least favorite titans.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Screw that, us and Seattle should both offer him a 2 year 32 million deal and make him pick what team he wants to play for.

Says he would love to play for the Jets who have less cap space than us or Seattle
    Jadeveon Clowney reportedly would 'love' to play for Jets

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

It appears Clowney believes being selected as the number one overall pick his draft year, carries over in his evaluation as a player for his whole career. He has not performed as the number Defensive player in any single year as a player. Do I want him on our D, yes, but at the price he worth, not the price he thinks he’s worth.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JVC34

JVC34 Special Teams Standout

I think there's a lot of false news on Clowney. First they reported he's looking at a 1 year deal....both the titans and Seahawks would have jumped on that, especially the titans 20 million one season, there's no risk in that. I'm coming to the conclusion he wants a long term deal, and guaranteed around the 45 million range. That said I also believe teams are not 100 percent with his injury status. Basically I don't think we go higher than a 16 million 3 seasons....30 million guaranty. This deal would have been done if teams were 100 percent confident in him. As for Clowney loving the jets? Thats probably him trying to get the gets on board....knowing they have low cap space that indicates he's looking for long term deals with big percentage on guaranty. I don't think teams are willing to offer that to Clowney.

#338 JVC34, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I agree, lots of fake news out there. He's not getting the money he thought he would be getting. The fact teams feel he will take it easy after a big contract is turning them off long term deals.
    I'm at the point, if we get him, great if not oh well.
    I just wish we drafted a little more depth at DE. Or made a trade like the Charles Harris one between Miami and Atlanta

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Titan fans believe he's signing here but Seahawks fans believe he's staying now jet fans think he's going there. I'll just not care and focus on who we have. He seems to be loving all this attention like a high school girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar