Chris Johnson vs. Chris Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alpha-Centuri, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

2 short videos.

Chris Henry
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uJmsCsb9hUA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uJmsCsb9hUA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Chris Johnson: Around 35 seconds to the end
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rmgtk7anptY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rmgtk7anptY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

also see This for more.

I tried to look up highlights for Chris Henry... strangely, they didn't exist.

I'm glad that the team is basically admitting that Henry was a failure of a pick early, instead of hurting the team for 3 years waiting for him to pan out.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Chris Johnson has scary, rare, greasy speed. I can't understand why the whiners can't just droll a little bit at his playmaking ability.

3. Johnson produced in college, so clearly there's a difference.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah even in the videos of C-Hen last year, he had trouble with speed and hitting the holes. Johnson doesn't seem to have that problem, especially leading the NCAA in all-purpose yards last year...

5. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

I was gonna list stats, but it seems like people are allergic to them, and ignore that one had over 3000 yards his senior year, while the other had something around 500.

I really wish people would stop bashing a pick because they have a pre-concieved notion of what they are like when they have never seen him play.

Chris Johnson does not play like Chris Henry.
    Chris Johnson actually shows that he has vision.

Chris Henry can take a hit... thats about all I can say positive.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

in chris johnson's career he had 26 games with a YPC under 4.0 and 19 games over 4.0 YPC.

for a guy who has such great speed and vision, that's not very good.

like i've said in the past three months, as a RB he offers nothing. if you want to make him a full-time WR, i might be interested.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

You know he's probably not going to be used as a starting Running Back. A change of pace back, who can be a receiver out of the backfield, spread wide, and as a returner (where he'll particularly be special; he's been projected as one of the best returning prospects of the past couple drafts).

But he wasn't drafted for the same reasons as Henry or White. Both are expected to handle more carries than Johnson probably ever will.

8. Fry

that's my exact problem with the pick, those guys don't work.

and plus, he's not a very good blocker, so using him in passing situations could be just as bad as using henry last year.

i'll admit, he'll probably make his impact at KR, but i don't see anything else coming from this pick.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Well, I personally feel that the jury is still out on Henry, ONLY because I give RB the benefit of the doubt their first year. If next year he's basically the same, or even regressed, then yeah, experiment is a failure. LenDale has been somewhat successful, but his weight is really hurting his value IMO.

Are you more upset that we drafted a running back or a running back that probably won't be used as one?

10. Fry

bingo.

i just can't remember a guy like chris johnson being moved around from position to position being a gadget guy working out in the last 20 years.

i would have been fine with mendenhall, stewart or even matt forte(2127 rushing yards in the same conference) in the second, but i just don't see this thing working out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar