Post-Game Thread Chargers 20, Titans 19

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 21, 2018.

?

Was the call to go for two the right call?

Poll closed Oct 23, 2018.
  1. I liked that he went for two. Gutsy.

3.2%
  2. I liked he went for two but the formation/play was awful.

57.9%
  3. Should have tied it up and gone to OT.

38.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

He only had 2 tds all game and both of them were just ridiculous big plays with busted coverage.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What you want is Andy Reid as the OC. For all his shortcomings as a HC, he can make just about any QB look good.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

4. bupac

bupac Starter

5. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

I watched the game at a "Caliente" betting/sports bar here in Nuveo Laredo Mexico. Some of the cartel members there were yelling for the Titans to put in the "Big F**"in Guy" #22 under center and push forward for the 2 points.

Kinda crazy to witness that. They kept bringing up the texans game and how it seemed to have been working at the time.

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

And what is the winning Lotto number going to be?

Chargers last 3 possessions....punt, FG, punt.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

That dropped TD was his first and only drop this season. At least that’s what the announcers said. Seems pretty damn reliable to me.

8. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

r #Titans' Mariota vs Chargers, per @PFF:

- When blitzed, Mariota 4-for-4, 45 yds and 1 TD, 153.1 QB rating

- When under pressure, Mariota 4-for-5, 49 yds, 107.5 QB rating

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

I thought we should've ran the ball on the 2pt attempt with a read option to Henry, then a traditional option to Lewis on the backend (if Mariota kept it on the read).

That said, I thought the 2nd play was poorly designed.

1) Lewis is only a decoy
    2) 1 WR is blocking on a legal pick with 1 yard
    3) Davis and Smith simply run right to draw defenders from the middle and attempt to box them out.

So, only 1 read on the play, really.

The thing is that nobody followed Lewis on his motion. So, with him in a full sprint to the flat at the snap, there was 2 defenders and 3 Titans outside. If we recognize that and keep the legal pick and send Sharpe on face to the back corner, Lewis is alone in the flat. Even if the safety recognizes it, Lewis is running and he is flat footed ... he isnt beating him to the front corner of the end zone.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar