Carson Palmer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I didn't say there is a connection already. I am being totally serious that I think the two would have a good relationship. I'm sure Fisher thinks highly of him and would like to have a QB like him. And the fact they are both USC guys would help. I didn't say that Fisher wants him just because he's from USC, I just said that Fisher would probably want him. And he's from USC. I wasn't trying to make any USC connection on the team just in terms of Palmer maybe wanting to play for Fisher. That's all I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear or just plain douchey.

2. amy

amy Starter

ESPN said today that Palmer is going nowhere. So give it up and come up with another name who might work with whatever system the Titans use.

3. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I don't see any way they can trade him with that contact. They'll likely end up keeping him (dumb) or cutting him (more likely).

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

To clarify, my meaning was that he would not be cut as alot of people were saying at the time.. Palmer wanting to leave, that's a whole different story. What player in their right mind wants to play for Cincinnati?

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Name one Titans QB who has thrown 18 interceptions in a season?
    Palmer has done this 3 times.

Let me ask you this. Are we winning a Superbowl with Palmer? No? Then why get him?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Name one Titans QB who has thrown 25 touchdowns in a season.
    Palmer has done this 4 times. :)

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Passing stats are irrelevant in TN. Until recently we've been a smashmouth, run it down your throat offense. If you don't get the attempts you can't throw for 4000 yds in a season.

But with all of the yards Palmer racked up...have they done anything in the playoffs? It's all about points...every other stat is 2nd to wins.

*cough cough

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Palmer wouldn't throw 18 INTs here. That's the point. We're a different style team. Palmer brought the Bengals back to being competitve since he was drafted. They may very well have won the Super Bowl if the Steelers didn't take him out on the first drive of the game.

His injuries have really messed him up. He used to be top 5 quality. Now I'd put him around average... which is why I would take him for the right price.

We have NO QB right now. People forget this.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

And?

And then brought them back to being a terrible team.

My God how far have we fallen that people look at other teams garbage and say, "Hey! I'd like some of that on our team!" It's all a moot point anyway Bengals said they're not trading him. They called him integral in their future plans. This is the same team that gave into Marvin Lewis' demands to keep him as a coach. WTF do they know about football? Absolutely nothing. You want a QB from a team who thinks he's really good when that team doesn't know how to compete? Be my guest.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

True statements but I don't know if it was all Palmer. CJ (Ochocinco) used to be a beast and TJ was solid as well. They had a really good receiving corps around Palmer. My dad is a huge Bengals fan and I got to watch their training camp and while Palmer wasn't necessarily a problem, he didn't put them over the edge. I don't really know how to explain it other than he caused turnovers at some very bad times and he was innacurate at others. VY this season was more accurate than Palmer has been in his years. He's had great receivers though who have been able to make plays.

I wouldn't be pissed if Palmer came here, but I don't think he can win us a Super Bowl...which is the whole point of NFL football

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar