Bye Tannehill

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 615nick, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I have very little faith in that. It would be great, but holding out no hope for it.

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Fulton did it.

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Fulton had nowhere near the injury history of Farley and played more ball and against top SEC talent. I don’t see that as a good comparison.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Fingers crossed. These surgeries being completed today are light years ahead of even 6/8 years ago. I use to have to do "perfect circles" with my C-arm when doing Femur and Tibial roddings. That means lining my C-arm up perfectly perpendicular and on the same plane as the hole the screw holding it in place would go. Very difficult for me, and the surgeon lining up his drill to me. That was a couple of years ago, and is completely obsolete now.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

while I agree totally T17s agent totally took robinson to school... The actual choice facing robinson was T17 at too much CAP vs starting over at QB ... again

in hindsite it is obvious T17 has been over CAP'd ... but where are Titans with scrub ass 15 year noodle armed QBs that would have rolled thru Nashvegas cause newsflash TB was NEVER coming to the Titans... like Gayton before him there was exactly ZERO chance of those Goats playing here

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Yup! Hit that target twice for me would ya!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Plus, T-hoe is the 11th highest paid QB right now which is probably about right based on overall production. QBs ain’t cheap.

8. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Yep his agent took advantage of a team desperate for a QB. I don't know about Brady though he might of liked that his buddy Vrabel was coaching here, you can't count out the history those two have. I think of Vrabel asked him he would of.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Fulton played 6 games last year because of injury. I’m just saying y’all write guys off after a handful of snaps way too much.

• Boring Boring x 1
  10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What has me concerned about this whole Tanny situation is that his contract was contingent of him being able to sustain the level of play that got him the contract. If he was able to sustain that level of play for at least 3 years, we could've drafted a QB with high potential and let him sit and learn while Tanny declines and gets toward the backend of his contract.

Where the concern lies now, is that we have a good enough roster to flirt with playoff contention while Tanny is here. If we're in playoff contention, that means we'll be picking in the early to mid 20's with this roster. When you pick that late, you run the risk of not getting a Mahomes, Burrow, Allen or Herbert. Therefore we're going to have to draft a non franchise QB and have to build him up while he becomes ready, which could be 3 or 4 years down the line.

This might be the reasoning as to possibly selecting a QB in the first round this coming draft. Because in order to get a bona-fide star QB in 2023 draft, we're going to have to be a bad team next season or mortgage tons upon tons of capital to move up in the 2023 draft.

Tannehill may have just handicapped this team with that contract and his super quick regression.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar