But seriously, folks...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff.Fisher

Jeff.Fisher Best coach of all time

11-5. Division winners. Mariota is an mvp candidate. Fisher is entered into the ring of honor

• LOL LOL x 3
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I got 10-6 at least competing for division.

I think the offense will be good enough to put up some points. I can honestly say that the D still scares me. Just young guys, not a lot of tenured teammates but I can see the potential to be a top D. Without a top D though, no SB will come our way.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Defense should worry you the least of everything

Well maybe the kicking game is our most sound unit but D is better than the O.

Last years defense allowed 28 yards a drive. Idk what our O averaged but it was probably the same lol.

Defense is a non issue. We added Butler and we drafted 3 guys to help an already strong unit.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That was w/ DLB. We'll see what Pees and Vrabel can get out of our D. Our DL depth is weak. We have rookie pass rush and a couple of aging vets.

Having concern over the D is warranted.

And I have NO idea what this offense will be able to do early. We have the skills, I just don't know if we have the experience to make this scheme work early enough to get to 10 wins. And who knows what our RT situation is going to look like.

I'm in the 9 win camp provided we don't lose Mariota or over 10 starter scratches due to injury.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

DLB was a shell of himself with the Titans, and Peas lead a good defense in Baltimore last year. I dont expect any issues there

Plus those aging vets you mention are playing the best football of their lives right now

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

I think teams will play us differently if they know our offense will push for points. I like the moves made to improve the D, but I still don't like the idea of a team going full pass on this D and they've shown a few times the inability to stop the run when the game is close.

Again, I think we have the players for a really good team, they just haven't played as a single group very long and there are some young players on the field.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

For the first time in about a decade I'm pumped about our secondary. This could be the best group of DBs we have ever had.

Depth on DL is the biggest weak spot, but hopefully one of these UDFA rookies can fill in in a pinch. We only need a guy for 10-15 plays to give Casey and Jones a breather.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

Nothing helps a secondary like a good pass rush. Still young guys without a lot of chemistry together. LB coverage is still where my big concern is and when Cyprian is on the field.

9. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

I think anything less than 10 will be a disappointment. less than 8 will be unacceptable.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

pretty real exactly how I see it... pre TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar