Business advice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 520, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yarr!

You be a pirate now??

Read that last line in a pirate voice...

• LOL LOL x 3
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Ahoy matey

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

LOL "Who is this guy"

I might be the only one here who sold a tech business in his early 20s.

I've also been completely busto two times after that.

I've literally had a penthouse --- and I've literally slept on a basement floor. I'm doing okay nowadays but it was rough.

Once you get detached from money, you see the real value in things, and then the wheels start turning.

I guess my real question is a question I ask a lot of folks who are trying to make it as entrepreneurs...

What are you trying to accomplish with this and where do you see this going?

How much do you anticipate to profit each day/month/year, what's the growth curve, and what are you going to do when you don't hit these goals? How do you scale this?

Failure is a part of business. Not achieving your full potential is also a form of failure. I don't think that this achieves your full potential.

That's just me giving advice. There's going to be all kinds of head aches and worries you'll run into that you can't forsee right now.

[​IMG]

Read it in his voice

You could avoid many of these headaches and worries if you thought about it a little more.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Also, I'm not telling you NOT to do this

I just think that you should take the perspective of...

"What can I learn from doing this?"

I think you'll get further in the long run with this mindset

5. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

The only thing that I don't see mentioned here, is do you have have license or permit for any of this? Did you set up an LLC or anything? If I were to eat one of your meals and get sick because of something, are you liable if I find a bored lawyer? I know I do engineering work on the side for people and I set up an LLC just in case something screws up, I don't lose everything.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. Also I'd imagine you would need wherever the food was going to be stored for pickup at the gym to pass inspection and whatnot.

I know in Tennessee at least, you cannot legally use your home kitchen as a restaurant/catering/food truck/etc. business kitchen. You are to supposed to have a separate dedicated kitchen for that. My wife was dabbling in catering years back until we found that out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Yea for sure I’m all set up on that side

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

wish you luck...

9. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

WP is the worst in these threads, he's just here to try to brag about himself

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Brag...he admitted to multiple failures before success. His point was to learn for both success and failure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar