Bulluck is a Giant

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree but once we signed Witherspoon the chances of Bulluck coming back here were slim and none. With the giants he sees a possibility of playing that he didn't have here. He wasn't going to beat out spoon on the weakside nor Tulloch in the middle. The giants don't have a proven player in the middle.

Offering him $2.5M and a roster spot just based on what he had done in the past would have been fine with me but he wants to play.

I don't think Fisher believes he can play yet with that knee.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree. I am a big Bullock fan, but I knew he was done as a Titan when he went down last year. I do not see too many playoff caliber teams that hold on to their past stars too far past their prime. It is unfortunate, but that is the way it is in today's league.

I do hope that when Bullock does decide to retire (no later than this time next year, IMO) we sign him to a one day contract to retire as a Titan. He is, and has been, a class act, and should be treated as such.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Everybody the last two pages loving the decision for Bulluck to leave, remember reputation is important around the league as well. We have a poor reputation regarding taking care of my players. You think it was bad with CJ holding out after two years? Expect a lot more of that in the future. And also continue to expect free agents to not want to play here.

Personally, for 2.5 million, I think we could've kept Bulluck around one more season. There really is very little downside to resigning him even if he didn't play a snap the whole season. I'm sure our young lbs could still learn some things from him.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^^

And we could have cut him or PUP'ed him if his knee didn't hold out. I'm sure this is what the Giants are thinking as well. According to Bulluck's agent, we didn't even return a call to see what the cost would be. We totally jettisoned him after the injury. That just doesn't reflect well on our organization when do that to a guy who rarely (if ever) missed a start and was always a good ambassodor. We didn't even pitch a line to see what it would take to keep him.

This is an example of why our organization has a reputation of not paying players. Steelers don't mind letting players go that aren't super productive but also have a reputation among the players as being a solid organization/place to work. And they have 6 titles. Our organization might do a bit better if we emulate some of the personnel philosphies of the franchises that win titles.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Every single team in the league does the same thing. The teams that win the most (Patriots, Steelers) cut ties with vets more than many other teams. As far as I see it, the Titans aren't risking their reputation at all by letting players like Bulluck go. It's how the league works and everyone knows it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

^

No they don't. No team, other than us, has had the McNair debacle. No team, other than us, completely blew up the way we did after 2004.

I'd love to see the day the Pats or Colts locked Brady/Manning out of training facilities. But I'm not holding my breath for that to happen

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree they aren't risking their reputation of not paying players.

Everybody does know that players get cut- nobody has a problem with that. Some teams handle their personnel releases in a fashion that resonates betters with the players and fans. And that has some intangible effects such as franchise reputation. If our franchise was winning championships the way the Steelers and Patriots were, we wouldn't even have to be concerned. The only example I know of a player that was willing to play for our franchise for less money was Randall Godfrey and look what we did to him.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

He should have retired a Titan. I doubt we would have had Vince Young if this didn't happen. Oh how the dominos.. Perhaps we should create a thread on this.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Glad Keith Bulluck found a place to play next season, cool guy. But this signing is nothing, McRath is much better his 2nd year than Keith was. That's exciting considering McRath should be starting after his suspension. Bulluck may have set McRath back by coming back. I'd have him back in a New York minute, but he says the Titans never called. They must see a lot of ability in McRath.

10. iQon

iQon Starter

:ha: @ the "do you want to win" argument.

Win what? When have we ever done better after doing this? Are you telling me guys like Steve McNair and Keith Bulluck held us back from winning a Super Bowl all these years? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar