Brown Appears Leader at RB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though the RB competition isn't over, there is a clear leader in the eyes of Titans RB coach Sherman Smith. “I think it’s starting to clear itself out. We’ve had two preseason games, and LenDale hasn’t played in one of them,” Smith said. “That kind of puts him in a position where you can’t say you’re competing for a starting job if you’re not practicing and not playing. I think it’s Chris Brown. This guy is showing that he’s been consistent. The rookie [Chris Henry] is still learning, and the other two guys, Quinton [Ganther] and Dontrell [Moore], are doing a good job when they get opportunities to play.” Brown also feels he is doing what it takes to earn the starting job. “I feel like I’ve performed pretty well," said Brown. "I feel like I went out there and made my reads pretty well. I saw the cuts and I ran hard. I’m stating my case right now.”

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. This is a pisser imo. Brown has the least potential out of the 3.

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Brown if you ever see this which you probably wont I want to say one thing. Ill be fine with you getting the starting job but please do not run like a panzy. Please go out there and gain 100 a game and dont screw up anymore. I want to like you. I do. So go out there and beast.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He did that.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

As long as he play's consistant. That's the biggest thing out of the RB position.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's still too early to say who wins the job. Hopefully we'll see something from the line & all 3 RB in this weeks game.

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Brown is our #1 starter? Well, anyhow, we have a fantastic defense!

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

He may have the least future potential, but he's the most "ready" at this time.

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Yeah. Random thought just came into my head after reading that. Our D has been playing great theres no seeing past that but what would it be like with Pacman?

10. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I would rather give Moore a shot over Chris Brown. I've been impressed with Moore in camp and he showed some good things in the Pats game.

Give the guy more opportunities and let's see what he can do, we already know what Chris Brown can do and that's a whole lot of nothing IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar