Brett Kern is an Eagle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanic_Sub, Dec 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

AJ brown and Brett Kern winning a ring in Philly might be the closest we get to a ship for quite some time boys.

Good for Kern tho, nice he could latch on to a great team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

That’s a big IF on their rings but glad Kern has another shot at one. On the flip side Brown can go F himself.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Why so much hate for Brown? Let me ask you a personal question. Are you good at your job? Let’s assume you are and you asked your boss for a raise and got turned down. But another more successful company saw more value in you and offered to hire you with a higher salary… you’d turn it down because loyalty, right? Lol

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

We can start by pointing out the numerous differences between athlete and normal job.

a) I don’t have fans. Never will.
    B) I don’t have an end of the season, so no trophy, no goal outside the same goal that never stops.
    C) I don’t make millions.

so what I, you, or anyone else on this board is not a valid comparison.

now I know agents play a roll, but to hold out for more money than I’m actually proven to be be worth is a gutsy move. Plenty of businesses over pay for the talent they have and it’s a case by case basis, but if my talents of production are equal to an appx amount, it would make me a d1ckhead to hold my current employee hostage until they pay me more than my production is actually worth. Just because another company has the money and is willing to overpay, doesn’t mean the company I was employed with is wrong or bad for not willing to pay more than what I’m worth.
    basically, seems in action, Brown didn’t like Tennessee for “low balling him” despite his production not being worth what Philly ultimately paid for him. In turn, he’s taken his little jabs here and there regarding Tennessee making the mistake.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Being an athlete is still a job. Whether you’re being paid to catch a football or stock produce, you represent a company and getting paid to provide a service. Don’t know how often you’ve changed jobs but you know how common it is even in the real workforce to hold your former employer hostage as leverage to get a better offer somewhere else

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I dont blame AJ for leaving and I dont blame us for not signing him. This was just an unfortunate situation.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Truth.

We could have paid him if we wanted to. JRob had different priorities.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Right. At the end of the day what is a difference of 5 or 6 million, when you looking to make 14-15 mil. Greed I guess. People will say your career could over in one snap in the NFL. Well if you cant manage to live your life comfortably on the millions you have made I think there is a bigger issue in your life.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

Agree, but not more than your worth.
    AJ wasn’t worth $25 mil. Philly overpaid. AJ stated Tennessee didn’t want to pay him.

I say, no s**t, you’re not worth that much. Unfortunately, he Fs it up for other people too. Kirk in Jax helped by getting overpaid.

that’s where I guess the real world is different. The real world has a cap set by whatever the business profits are and a goal of unending success.
    Pro athletes deal with a cap, not because of a limit on ability to pay, but to attempt fairness across all the “businesses”.
    They also have a 1 year goal. Put it all together for a single 9 month period to hold a trophy. After they hold up a trophy, IF, they get it, they start all over anyway.
    If Philly had to indefinitely hold on to Brown (or anyone else) for an unending goal, likelihood to shell out more than someone is worth drops significantly.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

He is a diva and pussied out last year

Dupree gets hate this year, but it's ok Brown did the exact same last year?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar