Booing Cj really?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He was too busy planning his holdout the end of last season.:suspect:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

When you demand to be paid like a top playmaker then you are expected to perform like one... People have a right to boo just like he had a right to risk the first quarter of the season to get playmaker money.... You get 30 mil people want results... running into line of scrimmage and falling down Chris Henry could do for 250k. He needs to know that he is held to a higher standard... because that is what he demanded.

3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

He was getting booed because it was the second week in a row that he was absolutely failing to perform. His longest run was for 7 yards. Also, his combined total yardage for this season is LOWER than most top tier RBs yardage in a single game this season.

I know CJ is talented, and I know he will be crucial for this team for the next couple of years or so. But let's face the facts: By being selfish and refusing to even show up in camp he fell behind in our new offense and now the team is paying the price.

I'll be cheering just as loud as anybody when he gets back on his feet, but for now the fact of the matter is that his selfishness is hurting us. How much longer until teams realize they don't have to worry about him, and instead focus on our passing game? Will CJ be up to speed by then, or will we suffer more losses to teams we shouldn't be losing to?

And I'm sorry, but I lay the loss to the Jags completely at his feet. If he was in tune with the offense there's no reason that we don't win that game.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

this thread wiped out my 'it sucks'

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

He could have showed up for preseason and still got paid. Titans would be 2-0 right now. It's that simple.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Indeed.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Frankly, he should be thankful he plays here... just imagine what life would be like for him if he played in New York, Philadelphia, Dallas... shall I go on..?

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

CJ turned in his "free pass from criticism" when he held out and collected the $$.
    Now it's his turn to earn back respect from fans that booed him.

Folks wanting to hail him as the greatest RB in history when he's not getting it done is fine too, but recognize other folks call it like they see it.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I was ready to High Five this until the last paragraph....

I do not lay the loss to the Hags totally on CJ...we were out of sync, Hassleback was not on the same page with Britt at all, and we basically ran down our D on a 90 degree day because we could not move the ball for the first 2.5 quarters of the game. Part of that was due to CJ not being ready, but there were many other issues as well.

These issues have started to resolve themselves faster than I was predicting (happy to admit I was wrong), which is why we were able to offset CJ's lack of readiness against the Ravens.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

and worked for damn near free? come on now, legit posts only.

Everyone's blaming CJ for not getting to camp day 1 and working for pennies, but how about the Titans take some of the blame for not even offering him a contract until a week before the last preseason game??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar