Around the AFC South

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Apr 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Not AFC south but a popular thing on FB I came across. Not that anyone here should play the game, but I’d like to point out that out of 100’s of replies, it is highly recognized that Henry is definitely considered a top back. It was about 45/45 Chubb and Henry to start or backup 10 had Kamara in there.
    I just remember a bunch of posters “trade him for like a 4th. HeS ThIrTy.” And some thought the offer of a first was way too high, not happening.
    Dude is a monster and fans of the game know it. You don’t get rid of the leagues best back which he is, currently, even at 30.

upload_2023-6-1_19-20-21.png

• Cheers Cheers x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

I agree. He definitely could have a long career longer than the average RB just based on how much of a freak he is physically. But I do see a point in his career where he's gonna have to evolve his game because the one thing he will lose is that home run 80+ yard TD speed. I could see him bulking up slightly more and turning more into a runner like Jerome Bettis in the future, just big and grinds out those 3-5 yard carries all game long.

3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I think he has already lost that 80 yard td run. Now it is more of a 40 yard run. I will take that all day long though.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

Well he did just have 4 runs over 40 last season, 56 the longest. His last was in week 17 after he was already over 300 Carrie’s for the year and was actually limited on length to 48 because he reached the EZ.

not sure I understand where a capability to run a long run comes into play. I’m pretty sure it’s more opportunity of where the team is placed on offense and the blocking that allows him to spring free.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
  5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Stupid End Zone getting in the way!

• LOL LOL x 3
  6. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Point I was saying is people think because Henry is done because he's 30. We know what happens to RBs after 30. I think the speed Henry had with his size will/is diminishing, but I still think he can be viable for us as that slower but big back that can consistently get those 3-5 yards and short yard situations. Henry could end up having a Frank Gore like career with the build of a Jerome Bettis.

7. HurrayTitans!

Do “we”?

Because I’m at the firm belief that RB around 30 ask for too much money and don’t have THAT big of a step over a young rookie.
    So generally speaking RB take themselves off the market because they ask for too much money.
    If most positions “prime” is late 20’s and in some cases the young 30’s, no reason to believe RB aren’t the same, they just cost way too much for the increased capability over a young RB that may be able to produce close to the same but for way cheaper.
    Now add, just like all other positions, there are some that stay at their peak for longer than the rest which is what makes them the best. I’d venture to suggest Henry falls into that category.
    Zero reason to believe his production is about to decrease any time soon provided the offense doesn’t stop revolving around him.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Need to get that problem fixed. Maybe take a Forrest Gump approach.

9. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Let me fix this.....

1st & 2nd down, Derrick Henry.
    3rd down, Alvin Kamara.

Chubb? Returning punts/kickoffs.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Need our WRs and QB to get to Henry's level of commitment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar