Are the designed routes just bad or can our receivers not create separation?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

True, but hopefully another OC will be able to at least select more than 2 plays from the playbook to use on gameday.

Running the same play EVERY PLAY until it either works or the game ends is st00pit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Romo pointed out several times where M8 should have thrown the ball but didn't. You don't get many people wide open in the NFl, you have to throw on time to certain areas. He even commented once when he threw to Taylor that the pass was high which slowed him and prevented him from getting the first down. Have to throw where they are going to be, not where they are. M8 has struggled with this.

Edit: I was drinking too...

#12 GrayGhost1951, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  3. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Sharpe?

4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Shannon Sharpe

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

This...I am a Mariota supporter, but I noticed he reminds me a lot of Mcnabb. If someone isn’t open by a few yards, he won’t thread it often. Last week with Decker was a rarity, hence why we were so excited.

6. 615nick

615nick Starter

after watching these last couple weeks, it's a little bit of both along with the fact mm8 is afraid to throw into coverage unless he's on a roll or the pass is to delanie. I think he will have a lot more confidence in davis after last night, but he needs to trust his guys more. I think the coaches coach him this way, as a 3rd year guy that has had 2 pretty good seasons before this one, he should be way further along. We really need an oc that will allow mm8 to play his game and get into a rhythm early and it will be very hard to stop our o. But, instead we slow the game down way to early and mm8 can't get into a rhythm until it's to late or into the 4th quarter.We've all seen what happens when he gets rolling early, we win easily, even against good teams.

7. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Terry R = Norm Chow!

8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Marcus needs to take his WRs and TEs to Hawaii for a week this Spring/Summer and work on routes.

9. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

I don't think that happens this time. Jon Robinson has enough to go on based on what he's seen. No way both Mularkey and Robiskie stay next year. Even more so AAS has already said MM is our coach next year but if you remember, she might pull the same stunt her Dad did when Vince Young and Fisher got into it. Bud said he wasn't gonna let either one go and then a week later both were gone. Whatever the case I trust Robinson and AAS to do what it takes to make this team better.

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

WRs need to run better routes
    Mariota needs to be more accurate
    Plays need to be called better

We need all of those to improve to be better and we won't get better until all 3 of those get fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar