Apple Are A Bunch of Crooks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Hammer, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I haven't had that issue with the wifi. If anything, it's more often I'm in a good wifi area and the phone likes using data.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Weird.

Mine loves connecting to a wifi signal that's not there.

My 7 seems better about it than my 6 though.

Thinking about selling my 7 because it's really no different than the 6.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

some good points but I will say a 7 year old PC should still be fine... just sayin'

the workstation I am typing this on is 4 years old. Aint worth anything but functions fine. Just had a wierd as heck issue on my wifes workstation. Took a while but I sorted it out. That thing is like 7 or 8 years old now. But again not worth anyting but still a champ for what she needs it for.

If you are talking about state of the art gaming rigs... well they are a money pit and always will be a money pit

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

The 8 even seems very similar to my 6s but if the OP is accurate (and I guess apple has admitted this) I can understand some of the little inconvenient nuances that happen with the "older" phones.
    It's a Bs move by apple because it's not really old and like you said, the "upgrades" aren't all the different.

I know a lot of people that are apple vs other types and I'm one that truly doesn't care. Just happened to get iPhone first and like that everything transfers over to my newer phones and again, I'm a fan of iTunes.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Generally, whatever ecosystem you start with is the one you'll keep. That being said, I will never buy another Apple product in my life, especially in the mobile ecosystem.

1- Tim Cook has made Apple very profitable...not by innovating, but by repackaging old tech while suing everyone who is associated with fruit or radiused perimeters.

2- Any product that has such a sycophantic following that they'll camp out for a brand new device is not a product I want to be associated with. It is not surprising that this is primarily an American phenomenon.

3- though I am a Samsung user, Apple's competition is not Samsung; it's Android and the Google ecosystem. The best device ever is probably the HTC One...excellent hardware with bloatware-free Android OS. Unfortunately I could never commit simply because the the stability of the company was highly questionable. I regret it now, though my Samsung S5 is still a great device.

4- Anyone that refers to eliminating the headphone jack as "courageous" can eat a bag of dicks. This is not much of an insult for Tim Cook, but anyone who follows this lead can also eat a bag of dicks.

5- The iPhone X is $1000-$1300 for nothing but the chance be a friggin rainbow unicorn, and for the opportunity to break both the front AND the back of the unit if you drop it. If you are an employer interviewing applicants, see which one has an iPhone X and immediately throw their applications in the trash.

#25 avvie, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    • High Five High Five x 3
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

All very good points

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Oh yeah, you were the one who made a thread about that. Eliminating the headphone jack always seemed annoying to me lol

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

It's worse than annoying; it's downright obstructionist. It's like buying a desktop without any USB ports.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It just doesn't make any sense. It's a piece of tech that worked for 40 years and was universally compatible. If I forgot my headphones for a trip I could buy anything the gas station had and it would be fine.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar