Breaking News Andrew Luck retiring

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Aug 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Locker didn’t really retire on us though. We were just moving on anyway. He retired when no one wanted him as a backup.

2. Luv_PonyExpress

Luv_PonyExpress Starter

As a Colts fan, I very much agree that the timing was awful. But I’m not angry at Luck for the retirement or the timing. I think he truly was committed to getting back on the field and probably came to realize very recently that it wasn’t going to happen anytime soon. I’m guessing he made the decision once this became apparent to him and that he just didn’t have the fuel in the tank to go thru another extended period of rehab and uncertainty.

If I’m pi$$ed at anybody right now, it’s the jerk fans who booed him last night and who continue to give him grief today. Well, them and that loser Ryan Grigson who didn’t seem to put much value on protecting the franchise quarterback.

I get that those fans’ spirits are crushed. Mine are too. But, after all, it’s just a football team. And we’re only fans who pay to watch it.

And it’s not like a Leveon Bell or Antonio Brown situation where they essentially quit the team over money. In those situations, I don’t blame Steeler fans one bit for expressing their anger.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 3
  3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

there are many reports saying he talked about it with irsay back in march but they were talking him out of it.... by golly

Rumors fly that Colts knew about Andrew Luck’s potential retirement in March

same month that he got married

4. Luv_PonyExpress

Luv_PonyExpress Starter

As much as I’d love to see us get Lawrence (or Herbert, or maybe even Tua), I’m far from counting on that happening. The situation leading into the 2012 draft was way different than the one we’re facing here.

We’re almost certainly not going to be as good as we would’ve been with Luck (assuming he could’ve gotten healthy). But we’ve got a better supporting cast than we had in 2011 and a far better backup QB than Curtis Freakin Painter. We probably won’t eke out a winning record this year. But I’d hope and expect that we’ll be better than 2-14.

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

• Boring Boring x 1
  6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

luck talked about almost retiring during the last injury, but yeah im sure this totally couldnt be anywhere near true... uh huh

7. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

As if they need it, the Colts just saved a ton of money.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Lot of people want to put the blame on Grigson for not “protecting” Luck, which may be partially true, but a lot falls on Luck as well.

I lived in Indy through the 1st several years of Luck, and by 2015 a lot of the local media was starting to turn on him. They were blaming him for holding the ball too long and taking too many sacks and making questionable decisions.

Luck is also a guy that would take off running and take a lot of hits.

Maybe he didn’t have the greatest OL, but a lot of the hits/sacks he took were his own fault.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

We may not like him but from all appearances, Luck has always been a classy, stand up person.

If Luck was thinking about retiring during the draft, the Colts would have known. I dont think Ballard is just covering for him.

People are going to run with these rumors. You will see more of them.

I could be wrong but until more comes out to back up rumors, I'll go with what we know

#159 Alzarius, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

They can have all the money they want, just as long as they no longer have a FRANCHISE QB that gave us fits :)

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar