Akeem Ayers moving to DE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

34 hides some blitzes and gives some options, but nothing is wrong with running 43

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That's pretty much what everyone is saying. You can take it to the bank that Baltimore will draft him... And no need to worry about a loose canon. Ray is a murderer and that worked fine for them.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Speaking of Ray Ray, did you guys see him last night? He's looking like he's missed a few meals.

4. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

Its all about giving the opposing QB a pre-snap read that may or may not be where and what your responsibility is at the snap.Most QB who go deep into the playoffs will pick a defense apart by changing a play after reading a defense. The key is having a versitile smart defense that can stop the run and adapt and win one on one battles

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am sure thats normal for most football players. I bet they eat an insane amount during the season to keep their weight up.

6. JCBRAVE

Yea I hadn't thought about the toll a football season takes on your body. It does leave you looking thin at the end.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This is not even close to true. If there's any real trend, it's that teams are using hybrid defenses that mix 3-4 and 4-3 looks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No one plays a base formation anymore. Saying you're a 4-3 team doesn't really mean anything except the players you go after or need. In the NFL everyone uses some hybrid packages, I saw a ton of 3-4 looks last season and we're adding players who have the versatility to move around a bit. I expect a different defense year 2 under Gray.

9. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

Every year this time fans of teams that didn't quite accomplish the playoff dream begin wishing for all sorts of big name players for FA pickup, when sometimes you already have most of the pieces, i agree changes will be made due to contracts being not renewed, but the Titans need to protect their young prospects or they'll be starting with the Rams,J-ville,Texans or Colts, Pannel Egboh(6-6,287) and Malcolm Sheppard (6-2, 289) are two players i think will have a break out year, Zack Clayton is safe with the Titans.

10. JCBRAVE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar