Akeem Ayers moving to DE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

It makes a lot of sense to have a tweener who can line up anywhere.Move Ayers to de in rush situations and bring in a hybrid db-lb who has speed to cover.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I guess after reading it closely, nothing was said about him switching to DE... though it is a possibility.

Millard (guy we just hired) said he had envisioned Ayers doing well at DE with the Buccaneers system... not ours.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I could see him being the rush LB in 34 looks but putting his hand in the dirt... Idk. Has a good bullrush and might be better off suited to do that from a standing position where he could catch em off guard.

Originally, that's what I expected him to be doing in the NFL.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree, and I was surprised the Titans drafted him and announced the intention to play him at SLB. I was pleased to see us take one of the anointed 3-4 guys and suited him to our purposes.

I can see the Titans doing more of the 5-guys-on-the-line-drop-1-or-2-into-disguised-coverage-and-surprise-Ayers-is-lined-up-wherever-9-wide type stuff, and that will be our hybrid look, but basically, we'll remain in a 4-3.

But I wouldn't mind adding another guy like that if another one is there in this draft and makes sense to add. Not for its own sake.

5. Clark

5-2/3-4 Hybrid defense. Sure, I'd be cool with that as long as its successful. But ayers our new DE? Lol not sure.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

sending a SLB after the QB would almost always mean a Titan Blitz.

I'll believe it when I see one

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think we will see more of that 5-2 look with Ayers and Morgan lined up like a 3-4 OLBer. Then Klug, Smith and Casey as our 3 DL. We will look to draft another Tweener and pick up another big NT type.

I do not see Ayers lining up as a true 4-3 DE much at all.

8. Clark

Please god anyone besides smith, dudes not worth a roster spot.

9. Clark

I could see this as a reason for drafting ingram tho, he can play DE/LB and a bit of DT.

I'd much rather see

Ayers/Morgan/Casey/Klug/Ingram

And just **** can smith.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I can take or leave Smith, but I feel like we had a plan for him since we signed him to a 3 yr deal. Their are several NT available in FA or a couple in the draft that are interesting. The big boy from UW is impressing in the senior bowl.

Several pass rushing tweeners in the draft. Ingram, Perry, Upchurch, Curry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar