Aaron Rodgers upset with Packers front office

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Do you recall the beating that they took from the Mularkey-coached Titans? That was not a top 5 franchise. They have an average roster with crippling weaknesses and bottlenecks which are exposes each time Rodgers doesn't have great day or goes down altogether.

They are better than most franchises, but most franchises don't have the luxury of having Aaron Rodgers and being able to play it safe in the draft and FA and still fielding a competitive team. They never utilized their ability to attract quality coaches or FAs with a player such as Rodgers, instead opting for the Mike Mularkey method of hiring mediocre coaches who nobody else wants and keeping them around indefinitely.

I can see how you could claim they were top 5, but if Rodgers hadn't fallen into their lap, I think everyone's opinion would be much different.
    There is no comparison, and likely never will be. I suppose Mariota is younger, but Rodgers would make this a SB team over the next few years in the feeble AFC. There are a few QBs in this class and a few in the past couple who should be as good or better than Mariota, yet extremely unlikely to ever be as good as Rodgers. I'd take my chances.

2. Wraith

Wraith Starter

I’m think a QB at his level should have some say in some personnel decisions, but only enough to have his opinion taken into account, he shouldn’t be making them though

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That game was won on a lot of luck. IIRC we won 2 fumbles we hadn't been able to generate at all til thst point in the year. Couple calls went out way too IIRC. 9/10 times they would have beaten us that year

4. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

"should the most important player & face of a franchise have a say in personnel decisions"

"should the only reason the packers have won a recent superbowl have a say in personnel decisions"

lmfao people really voted no?

then you get upset when the QBs leave to go to another team because "loyalty"

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

A 4-5 team that we beat by 3 touchdowns without our best OL LT would have beat us 9 out of 10 times?

Gtfo with that dude, lol

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They were a playoff team

We weren't

They'd beat us 9/10 times

7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The better team won. I predicted that outcome before it happened. They also lost to the Colts in a similar fashion. There are no words for how terrible that pass defense was, Rodgers just eventually went ham on the league and got them to the NFC Championship. It would have helped if Rodgers had gone on his tear during that game, but that same awful defense showed up in the playoffs and led to the demise of the team. I don't think much would have been different during those other 9 matchups.

8. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

If you are any average nfl qb, no. Aaron freaking Rodgers. Yes, I’d say i would ask him about this...

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

His job is to play quarterback.... when the Packers trust him enough to be able to pull General Manager duty and full-QB reps and demands, he can whine.....

Until then.....

10. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Id say his opinion counts as far as the offence is concerned. But even then, its just an opinion. No decision making power should rest with a player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar