Aaron Rodgers or VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 23, 2010.

?
  1. Aaron Rodgers

120 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. Vince Young

16 vote(s)
    11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes Vince had his moments, but he's not had Aaron Rodger moments. I love Vince to death, and maybe that's my problem. But trying to say Vince is better at quarterbacking his team than Aaron is in any twist of words, is just silly. Vince did great when given the chance, but then he had another outburst. The outburst and injuries are what's killed it for most Titans fans.

CJtheBeast, you might want to do what I've done, let Vince defend himself. I too use to stick up for Vince no matter what, but it got tiring. At the end of the day, no one really cares what you or I, TheSureThing, or any other Vince fan thinks, because he's basically done in TN. And as far as fueling the fire you started about playing ball, let that go, I did. I once used that argument, but soon after that I realized there are some posters who didn't play college ball that know a thing or two. And since we aren't on the field, their words are as good as mine or yours. Let's suit up, put on some pads and then our playing experience will count for something, but here now it doesn't.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No you brought it up more than that. You also degraded a woman's ability to understand football and in fact ANYONE'S ability to understand football because "if you haven't played you don't understand".

It was foolish to do so and it's also an obviously wrong assumption to make.

What's really silly is a lot of posters (like myself) were big VY fans that supported him for a long time before you even registered to this forum, yet you consider me in the same group that NEVER liked/wanted VY and that never gave him respect.

Hopefully it's obvious to you at this point that you were wrong in the Rodgers/VY debate, and your college football career doesn't change that.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I happened to read that fateful first post, and I don't remember who asked you to flex your football knowledge muscles by talking about how much of a stud you were in NAIA ball. Oh, that's right, nobody did, it was you.

There are tons of posters who played, but not DISplayed like you did about how you are on a different level of football know-how.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Whatever? Are we really going through this again?

Do I win either way?

Does anybody not find this ironic?

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Did you win an NAIA national championship? Go ahead and say yes, no one cares about the NAIA enough to look it up.

If someone wins the NAIA championship, and no one is around, did it really happen?

I'm just messing with ya now. The reason I say I'm not hating on you is because you stuck around and have some other non-VY arguments to bring to the table, unlike many people.

But when you started talking about the playing thing, you had to know all hell was going to break loose.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

What's your argument for Rodgers being better? Can we have a logical debate?

Me and Amy are cool by the way (atleast I think). Unlike all of you emotional dudes (she has thicker skin then you and your "crew").

And if you haven't played football, you don't fully understand the game. I stand by that statement. It's a very RATIONAL claim.

And if you have to study FOOTBALL 6 days a week its also a RATIONAL claim that you would know more about the game than someone who hasn't, or is a casual fan.

But instead of debating these issues, you'll just move the goal post or head in some completely different direction.

Grow up

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Listen, your probably a cool guy, but I'm not the one that keeps bringing up me playing. Its mentioned once here and look what happened!

You guys say I should stop bringing it up but yet YOU guys keep bringing it up!

I'm sorry, I don't feel bad, and nobody has hurt my feelings ha ha

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

He can start a full season. He can win playoff games. He can throw for 3tds in multiple games. He is a true team LEADER. He can throw for over 4000 yards in a season. He can still run the ball.

Well I'm glad the logical debate lasted for all of two sentences from you.

Well I'm just gonna say I played in high school and your claim is BS. There are posters here that have never played that know more than I do.

And all your football wisdom led you to conclude that VY is better than Rodgers. :grrhee:

Remember when McNabb didn't know how OT worked in the NFL.... yeah, I knew how it worked and amazingly I have never played in the NFL.

:rolleyes:

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Is there really a debate here. Anyone saying Rodgers is better should simply be left to live in their fantasy world. No way you egg them on.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Rodgers is a man and was a man before Favre ever left the Packers.

VY was born and raised in the wrong settings, he will never be a man that takes his job serious. it has to be in ya blood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar