A sneak peak at the 2018 offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thank god if that's the plan, quick slants are easy work for any QB

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Amen

3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Matthews is better at stretching the seams than he is given credit for. 15 YPC in each of the past 3 seasons in passing offenses which have ranked in the bottom half of the league.

I think analysts are too critical of the receivers. Walker is a 1k receiver in a good passing attack, easily, and Matthews isn't far behind. Everyone holds WR units to an unrealistic standard, as if a Fitzgerald/Boldin or Rice/Owens lineup is the status quo, when in reality, just those two players put us ahead of many of the teams in the NFL. And it is very difficult to imagine Davis not becoming a valued contributor with Lafluer at the helm.

The best offense is one which causes confusion and miscommunication in the defense. After many successful plays, you see defenders looking around at one another as if they have no idea as to why that particular receiver was open. It is too difficult to simply line up and beat the opposing players through skill and athleticism. They are employed because they can pursue skill players, and even though a QB like Rodgers can thread the needle and win with such predictable plays, nobody else in the league can.

I watched some highlights of the Rams' offense, and there were clearly instances of such miscommunication from the defense. I expect a huge increase in yardage obtained from plays made underneath, crossing routes where confusion sets in among the defenders. We will see open receiver far more often this year.

We will run the ball a lot, if the Rams and the Shanahan tree of coaches are any indication. And like it or not, Robinson and the coaching staff are sold on Henry, seeing as nobody else on the roster will likely get the time of day other than Lewis. He will be used often, but Henry will have far more carries. Lafluer sounds like a fan.

This will perhaps be the most fun year to watch the Titans' offense in franchise history, minus the element that McNair brought.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Haven’t you heard, Mariota’s crappy 2018 season has already been blamed on Conk missing 3 games and a new cafeteria staff.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

So if he comes out and kills it this year, does the cafeteria staff get the credit?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

He declined big time from his first year...Scheme, stuff, injuries, o line all attributed. Some of it on him for sure with forcing things, but many would fail in that Dino scheme with 1 wideout and running into a box of 8-9 constantly. I’m eager to see how he bounces back this year.

7. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I know but that piece of chit, worthless rock chewing fake OC sure did go out of the way and kept calling plays for Weems and Harry!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Check out @terrymc13’s Tweet:

9. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Viewer Questions and Answers! Fast foward to 21:00 for his take on Mariota, Lafluer and Titans offense. Really respect this guys (Brett Kollman) opinion. Nice to hear him say good things about Titans

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Nice commentary. I agree with him as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar