Game Day Thread 49ers @ Titans GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Dec 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

We need Cruickshank to neutralize Kittle the same way he took Kelce out of the game earlier this season.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

We need to not turn the ball over on our side of the field on consecutive possessions. Can't and will not win when the offense turns the ball over back to back to back ...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

After losing 3 of their last 4, scoring 13 points three times in that span with an offensive explosion of 20 points against the pathetic Jaguars with 4 gifted TOs, I really admire the confidence of some of you, but I just can’t see it, sorry.

4. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

I've said it once and I'll say it again.

This is the way ...

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Just don't go into tonight's game with any standards or expectations other than an L and everything will be fine come tomorrow. Don't set yourself up for disappointment and heartache.

6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Best chance for a win is a shutout, but that’s most likely not happening.

The defense needs to win this game. Offense cannot be trusted.

7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

So the Titans don’t get credit for the “ gifted TOs “ which helped them win, but the teams that beat them ONLY won because of “ gifted TOs”. Is that how that works?

Titans defense shutout the Jags and kept Houston and Pittsburgh to under 200 yards total offense. They were in the Patriots game until the turnovers sunk them.

Turnovers are the thing. But that knife cuts both ways. Take out the turnovers and the overrated Patriots get that ass kicked.

That’s where my confidence comes from.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

All the props for the D handling their business. The turnovers were “gifts” from the defense and the O did zero with them. If games were decided by defense alone I’d be confident, I just can’t trust the O to come through and not turn the ball over. There is no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt UNTIL they show they can protect the ball.

9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Oh.. I agree with you then. I have no faith in Downing to come up with a game plan or blocking schemes to help THill be successful. It is his fault

10. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Yes, and the inability to PROTECT the ball, which isn’t really Downing’s fault, as much as I would like to blame him.

If I was the head coach, that would be the single most important message heading into this game, secure the dang ball as if your life depended on it, use two hands, whatever, just do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar