Breaking News 2023 Titans Free Agency Signings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Jags have been off-season champs since I can remember....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Jags are and will always be the Jags until they prove it on the field. As mentioned, they’ve been offseason champs before, I don’t think that’s accurate for this year, but until they win more than 9 games, for no, they’re a 9 win team.

The same logic applies to TN right now too. They’re a 7 win team that proves they’re better than that by winning more.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

not a fan of the dilliard signing, alot of money for a guy who has barely played. other teams are trading for starting caliber o linemen and Wr's. all we did was bring back nwi, who i also dont like. So a big part of it is the lack of moves/questionable moves at our 2 biggest positions of need. There is still lots of time though..

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I mean they just won the division, a playoff game, and then just hung with the chiefs. And no the same logic doesn't apply to the titans as the team is gutted and we have like 0 young and improving talent. Sure the Jags wheels could fall off, and the titans could improve but as it stands right now the Jags are a hefty favorite to win the south and rightfully so.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

You mean they did all the same things the titans did only a couple years ago? I feel like none of the hype train followed the titans after getting to the AFCCG like the hype train has been partying in Jax just because they drafted Lawrence, earned the #1 pick, then won 9 games and beat LAC in the playoffs.

I seriously will never understand how the Jags have “earned” any hype train whatsoever. They “won” a sh1*ty division which would have been seen as completely different of TN had won the last game, it would been “nothing impressive”, “crappy division”, “not real competitors”, etc.
    And “wheels falling off” would be a nod to having the wheels installed at some point.

And what do you mean gutted? They got rid of all the backups that played most of the season because the starters were forming their own team made of just IR players?

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

they are better than us and trending up while we are trending down, it's not really that hard to see

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Yeah but they're doing it with one of the best QB prospects of the last decade in year two vs. titans doing it with a bargain bin 32 year old. One is just getting started, the other was at his peak already. That's a drastic difference.

I'm not saying the Jags are a Superbowl favorite. However they are clearly the best team in the division right now, which the odds reflect.

What do I mean gutted? We have like 5 nfl caliber players on the roster including a 30 year old RB, a 34 year old QB, a wr who can't stay on the field, an edge rusher coming off a torn ACL, and a DT that still hasn't been extended. This team is bottom 5 talent in the NFL easily.

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Exactly.

9. HurrayTitans!

Better than a 7-10 team. That’s reason for excitement,

And of course they’re on an upswing from the previous year, they were 3-14 and the #1 pick. They would be on an “upswing” with 4 wins and #2 draft pick.

9 wins is not impressive. Winning the 2022 AFC South was not impressive, starting the season at 3-7 is not impressive.

And for someone accusing everyone as being scared to draft a QB, you really are scared of the Jaguars, historically one of the worst franchises in existence.
    It’s ok, you don’t have have to be scared of the Jags.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

tell yourself whatever you need to if it makes you feel better

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar