2023 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Aqutis30, Jan 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I don’t think there is any chance that we keep Daley. I’d be surprised if any team takes him after this season.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

and that is ENTIRELY on the guy that was fired by AAS. JRob’s inexperience at FA, cap management and drafting proved detrimental to the past run. I don’t hate JRob, think he’s a genuine dude, and hope he’s learned that his actions were not acceptable for fielding a contender. I’m behind AAS on the new GM search. MUST get this right. We’ve got 4 years to put together a contender to show off the new stadium.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Just heard on ESPN game day countdown that some are speculating that AAS may just clean house.
    Question: who out there would be a better HC for our team?
    That said, we definitely need a change in Offensive philosophy. I don’t think a cha he in HC is necessarily to have a change in philosophy. But they team is definitely built for the way Vrabel want to play football.

4. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

To change our offensive philosophy you have to fire Vrabel because it is his philosophy after all.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Said this on a different thread.

Art Smith ran Mike Vrabel's offense to a top five Offense a few years ago while Todd Downing is running the same offense to dead last in the league.
    I still would be more than Okay to move on from a good amount of the coaching staff such as Todd Downing and Keith Carter to name a few.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

This is the only point I think that works in Downing's favor, Art had more talent to work with on offense. The OL was better at pass blocking, but they were great as run blockers. At the same time, the OC is going to look good when Henry goes out of this world and runs for 2,000 with over 5 ypc and Tannehill has career years. People repeatedly criticized Art Smith's playcalling when he was OC as well.

It's also important to note that this run first conservative offense has fizzled out consistently in the playoffs. Vrabel hasn't won a playoff game since the 2020 playoffs and is overall 2-3 at this point.

As for this season, ending the season on a 7 game losing streak and with the Titans looking completely inept on offense for basically the entire season should give AAS some pause as to whether she keeps him. It's very likely Vrabel has hit his ceiling and one cannot ignore that he was brought in because Mularkey hit his ceiling with a playoff win and being ousted in the divisional round. In my mind, Vrabel came in with much higher expectations as he didn't have to help rebuild this team from being completely inept, it was already done for him. All he had to do was make the jump to elite. Debatable as to whether that has happened under his 5 year tenure.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

That is so misleading... Art benefited from the right timing with Henry and Tannehill. He was calling the exact same BS as Downing is. The same crappy routes all bunched together, the same runs on first down on almost every single play, the same screen passes, the same 4 yard passes on 3rd and 9s, the same yanking Henry on 3rd downs and 2 minute drills, etc..... Go back and read the game threads, we were all saying the exact same thing about his playcalling as we are now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. davidc502

davidc502 Starter

Did Dobb's make a case for himself?

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

He definitely made a case to be in camp competing with Tanny and Malik.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Best case as a #2 somewhere IMO.He did well considering the lack of notice and prep that he had, but he made a few whiffs as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar