2023 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Aqutis30, Jan 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Yep. Why anyone would rather the season end so they can wait 4 months to see who they draft a few picks earlier, then have to wait several more months to see that guy play, and then there is no guarantee the guy doesnt tear his ACL or just end up being a bust, is strange to me

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

proven they wont actually jump up... they will peak up though... willing to move a spot or 2 but not go crazy and leap 10 or 20 spots

3. Who

Who Starter

This team will be ****** next year too.

• Boring Boring x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’m just suggesting for who?

The opportunities they’ve had with a top 10 pick (since moving to Nashville) resulted in:
    Pac-Man Jones
    VY
    Jake Locker
    chance Warmack
    MM8
    Conklin
    Corey Davis

1/7 and coincidently the one actually traded up for.
    Pac-Man did fine elsewhere but his headcase issues were too much in TN
    VY, Warmack, Locker, Davis were all wastes
    MM8 never could get over a hump and rolled back down the figurative hill with tingles all the way down.
    Conklin was a stud and unfortunately the wrong guy to let go of between Conklin and Lewan.

In all honesty, the Titans have very little to speak of from first round picks in general.
    Guess I’m crossing my fingers for change there too.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Its not even about busts really, you can find good players throughout the draft, so even if you draft well in the first round, its pointless to want a higher draft pick over the playoffs because if you draft well in every round, it doesnt matter where you are picking. Some of the best players in the league were mid to late round picks, Brady, Kelce, Henry a 2nd, etc etc etc, none of those guys were first round picks and they have been some of, if not the best at their positions over the last several years, and there are plenty more examples.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

In almost every draft I want to trade the first round pick anyway. So for me it is value of the pick, not the player we pick. Get the best trade possible and hope to find the right players in the 2nd round and later.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

We had a legitimate shot to get him after the 2019 season. They chose to pay Tanny 120M instead lol.

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

If I woke up Monday and Vrabel was fired, I wouldn't mind. He's probably hit his ceiling. He's been our coach for 5 years and we have 2 playoff wins to show for it.

Almost every recent super bowl winning head coach got their first super bowl within 5 years of coaching that team.

Sean McVay - 5 years
    Bruce Arians - 2 years
    Andy Reid - 7 years
    Bill Belichick - 2 years
    Doug Pederson - 2 years
    Gary Kubiak - 1 year
    Pete Carroll - 4 years
    John Harbaugh - 5 years
    Tom Coughlin - 4 years
    Mike McCarthy - 5 years
    Sean Payton - 4 years
    Mike Tomlin - 2 years
    Tony Dungy - 5 years
    Bill Cowher - 14 years
    Jon Gruden - 1 year

You can keep going back and the trend continues (Mike Shanahan 4 years, Dick Vermeil 3 years, etc.). Maybe Vrabel will be our Bill Cowher and we will get one 5-10 years from now when we eventually get the QB right Or we're just delaying the inevitable reality that Vrabel won't be joining this list of winners. At least not with us.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Yeah I feel the same way. I don't see us getting over the hump with vrabels philosophy unfortunately.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

It would be easy to blame this epic collapse on 33 players being placed on IR and a good not great roster, but ultimately this 100% falls on Vrabel for sticking with dud coaches like Downing and Carter and obviously inferior players like Daley and NWI. I hope we bring in a new GM that isn’t afraid to tell Vrabel “Cody Hollister is leaving, if you don’t like that, you can leave with him.”

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar