2018 NFL Draft: Day 2

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I don’t know, people seem to be afraid of his knee injury.

2. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

Landry if he falls otherwise I think the pick is safety. I don't think they are happy with Cyprian. Most likely would be Justin Reid or Jessie Bates. I think you will see WR in the 3rd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yeah, we can add him to the collection of second round pass rushers with bad wheels.

Or maybe we could cut him and Dodd up for parts and make one decent player out of them.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I would prefer JRob give up 5-7 round picks if it meant going up a few spots to grab a talent he thinks will make a difference.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Landry or best safety. Get byard his counter part now.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I don't see safety as that big of a need right now. Sure, I'd like to upgrade Cyp, but we have Byard, Adoree, Ryan, and Butler back there ... I think they will be able to cover up Cyp' s weaknesses.

Id rather go pass rush

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

This is what I'm hoping as well

Get 2 and 3 round talent

8. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

If Christian Kirk falls to 57 you take him. If not I’m happy to stick with defense and take a WR day 3. Richie James, Dante Pettis, Deontay Burnette, Anthony Miller, Darren Carrington.

If Derrius Guice falls to 57 you consider taking him? I like the day 3 value at RB as well though. Royce Freeman, John Kelly, Kerryon Johnson.

I think we will probably stick with defense though.

Reid in the 2nd and Josh Sweat or Arden Key in the 3rd would be a home run. Lorenzo Carter would be nice as well.

I’m still hoping for Siran Neal, but he can likely be had day 3.

9. jpope9

jpope9 Starter

exactly. A great pass rush will make even the most mediocre secondary look better.

10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

My order by position is OLB > S > DL > WR > OL > TE

Of course, that changes depending on the board and players available. But I honestly feel offense has enough talent I'd like to see what LaFleur can do with what is already there. Defense is what needs the youth injection. DL is pretty solid, Casey, Logan, Jones, with Johnson and depth rotating. CB is good, Sims is a solid #4. They restocked ILB in the 1st, need a quality OLB because there's nothing behind Rak and Morgan, who are done contracts after this year. Need to get a quality guy now, and those guys are usually found in the top 50 so have to use our 2nd IMO. Cyprien is meh, honestly I think he'll look better because of the other talent added to the defense. BUT, drafting a young guy in the 3rd to learn this year and then cutting Cyp next year would be a smart move.

Then go OL, blocking TE and WR in the 5th, 6th and 6th. Whatever order based on JR's board. This team deserves a heavy defensive draft, especially up top.

Everyone is worried about our WR group. LaFleur got a lot out of the LA WR's, and they were nothing special. Davis/Matthews/Taylor/Sharp/Walker with Lewis/Henry should be more than enough play makers for Mariota. Part of the problem has been keeping other teams off the board. Build the defense, fix the offense they already have, that's what I would do.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar