2015 NFL Draft - Running Backs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Again, I need to further break this down for you...

1. I never said he wasn't talented.

2. Did I say he wasn't worth drafting? No. RBs have been devalued in today's game and are always aplenty. I am in favor of us taking Gordon or Gurley at #33 if one is still available. Otherwise, I'd probably wait until the 4th round to even consider RB since we have other serious issues with this team. I'd consider Ajayi in the 4th if he was there, but again we have other needs so it really depends who else is available.

3. I clearly said that I shouldn't discredit Ajayi just because he goes to BS, but that I would tread lightly... meaning the scouts need to do some serious in-depth research and analysis because a ton of RBs can look great at BS.

4. Injuries are just an excuse. It would be like saying "Locker would be great if he wasn't hurt all the time." Well, he (and Martin) are hurt all the time. They're busts. Even when healthy, Martin was struggling mightily in 2013 and 2014.

2. Shane Wright

Shane Wright Special Teams Standout

All I got from you "breaking it down" was you changing your first opinion of not drafting him because he goes to Boise to now you would draft him if it made sense based on needs. I'm glad you decided to change your reasoning.

For you to even think Gordon or Gurley will make it #33 is equally as stupid as Ajayi making it to the 4th.However,I fully agree with you when it comes to drafting needs. Titans for sure need help in multiple other positions than RB.

But at the same time, you can't just draft needs... If there is an opportunity of taking a top 5 player at whatever position, even if we have strength there.. It's a must.

Just like last year, we didn't need Lewan, but he was the best player available.

I agree we have bigger needs than RB but if Ajay is still around in the 3.. You can't ignore that option.

3. RavensShallBurn

Literally did not change my stance whatsoever.

I made a concise statement that summarized how I felt about reaching for Ajayi, and you misconstrued it as me automatically taking him off the draft board. Not the case whatseover, but I feel he would be a big reach in the 2nd round. And my personal opinion is that we shouldn't even consider him until the 4th (if he were to somehow slide that far).

You asked me to go further in depth and explain myself (because apparently what I said made no sense), so I did.

I think you are caught up a lot in what mock drafts are saying.

If I had told you Nix would've fallen to the 3rd round this time last year, you would've said that's stupid as well. Yet it happened. Sh*t happens. You cannot pretend to know where Gordon or Gurley are going to go. I don't expect them to be there at #33, but it's possible.

Around this time last year, Teddy was projected to go #1. He went #32. All bets are off when the draft begins.

4. Shane Wright

Hahahaha
    What ever makes you feel better

• Troll Troll x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

Lol this guy.

Butthurt because I said BS players suck as a whole (they do).

When I go further in depth, he refuses to comprehend what's been said.

Almost wonder if he's a BS alum or has ties to Ajayi.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Shane Wright

Hahaha
    You couldn't be more wrong.

Your head is to deep in the sand to even listen to what yours saying.

Man the first comment you said was purely based off of past BS players being historically bad and that's why you wouldn't draft a top 5 back just because of his school.

Then you say the top two backs could be abaliable at #33 " anything could happen"
    Cmon.. You can't be that stupid.

Plus, you ignore my comment that regarded picking the best player avaliable.. Strictly because you don't want to agree with anything that isn't said by you.

The most pathetic part is, you think Teams would be reaching for Ajayi before the 4th round.

I'm sorry you think I'm butthurt Because I don't agree with what your saying but, you just got to realize your opinion isn't always right

• Troll Troll x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

Your fault for taking it THAT literally and asking for an explanation, which I gave you. And everything I said still lined up with the fact that I would not consider taking Ajayi before the 4th round.

You didn't understand the explanation, so I continued to explain.

He's a reach for us before the 4th round. I'm sorry, but that's true. Would he be a reach in rounds 2-3 for an elite team with an elite QB in search of an extra RB to help? Probably not. But for us (a garbage team with a ton of holes), he's a reach before the 4th.

Idk what else to tell you, man.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Honestly, I bet both are available at #33.

9. Shane Wright

so you would take Gurley or Gordon in the 2 round but you wouldn't take Ajayi in the 3rd?

If the Titans can fill certain
    I hope you're right... But I'm not getting my hopes up.
    I just can't see certain teams like Colts Ravens and Chargers passing up on those two.

10. RavensShallBurn

Highly doubt it, but I hope so.

Yes I would.

And I agree, I fully expect both Gordon/Gurley to be gone. I don't see all the teams later in the draft passing on them...

Possible landing spots:
    #17 Chargers
    #24 Cardinals
    #25 Panthers
    #26 Ravens
    #27 Cowboys (if Murray walks)
    #29 Colts
    #31 Seahawks
    #32 Pats

Gonna be pretty hard for either one to be there at #33, but you never know.

The reason I would take Gordon/Gurley in the 2nd and not Ajayi in the 3rd is because I think Gordon/Gurley are WAY better prospects than Ajayi. It's all about player value. It's the exact reason why many teams will consider taking them in the 1st round. Whereas the last two seasons the top RBs weren't picked until the 2nd round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar