2014 NFL Draft: Pick #11 - OT Taylor Lewan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree with you there 92790, but at the same time, some of them are from smaller schools and haven't faced the level of competition. If they are from bigger schools, they generally have glaring holes in their game or do one thing well over the other drastically (pass protecting or run blocking). What I mean is, those guys that fall generally either don't become great, play average, or take longer to adjust. At least we took a tackle that does both things well, and has faced top notch competition and backed it. He is NFL ready as it gets, and even if it takes a year or 2, there are a bunch of other teams that would love that asset. I think we can all agree that having good lines is essential to being successful in the NFL, and that takes time.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dude... you're talking to someone that follows Michigan football religiously. Even more-so than I do the Titans.

Just stop it.

I'll go ahead and tell you how many games you've watched Lewan in: None.

But keep pretending to know something. He played those games and he was dinged up... thus injury concerns.

Christ, why do I even bother here...

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Webster seemed to believe that Lewan was the best tackle in the draft, just reading what he had to say.

It's kind of funny. Everyone always says we should take BPA. We take BPA, and everyone flips their ****.

If Lewan works out, which he probably will, I doubt people will complain about this pick in 3 years.

However, if we don't get a QB, there will be a lot of b*tching next year. From me as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

the draft value chart is pretty straightforward. I think all trade partners know that. There is an art to trading. i think the FO would do well to discuss what happened because the war room looked pissed off.

6. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I dont get the logic. We are upset with a Lewan, who may or not be a future LT. May or may not start, but we are ok with the next pick being a QB who definitely is a long shot to start? Go Pass rusher or RB next round. If Murray is there in round 4 when we pick, we do a back flip, cause we landed the best in the class this season. If he is gone, who knows? Fales?

7. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Lewans mom is a milf.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I'm sure you already have, but I don't want to go look.

What's a quick rundown of what we have with Lewan?

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And you know they weren't pissed at the Browns? For all we know they were frustrated that the Browns wouldn't accept what they considered a very fair offer.

10. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar