1 year deal for Battle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The Shonn Greene hate is insane. I didn't like the contract he signed because I didn't think he was worth that much, but he ain't a bad RB.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Definitely not worth what we paid him, but he's a hell of a lot better than Battle. We saw that last year. Battle had the two highlights when he ran someone over, but Greene is way more reliable in short yardage. Battle just lowers his head and hopes for the best.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Of course Greene is better than Battle. If CJ leaves, we desperately need to add another RB though.

4. ThatTitansGuy

ThatTitansGuy Starter

CJ gone hurts this team regardless if his production is mediocre (due to bad play calling mind you). Defensive players still respect his big play ability and are on their tippy toes when he is in the line up. This in itself opens up the pass.

5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Greene is better than Battle. Only way Greene is cut is if we him some back in the late rounds who is better than Greene.

6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Doubt CJ2.3YPC will re-work his deal.

He says he isn't taking a pay cut, yet that is inevitable. He isn't making $8mm this year. Not from the Titans or any of the 31 other franchises.

And when he doesn't re-work his deal, I hold on to him until the last second where his salary is guaranteed for the entire year. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any roster bonuses due and the only thing he has is his $8mm base salary, so I hold on all the way through camp up until the final cutdown day just to say F U CJ2.3YPC.

7. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

I like it... But, I like it even more now that we aren't going into training camp with only Greene and a rookie RB. (Assuming CJ is gone)

Battle is a fine choice for an emergency RB. And I'm betting Greene will do well with a larger amount of carries and hopefully a healthy season.

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Please tell me this is a joke

9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Why? The few highlight hits he put on defenders were nice and all, but hes too much into trying to punish defenders instead of evading them and getting yards. I remember several times he had open holes and instead of hitting it, he turns to put a hit on the defender!

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Yeah Greene is a much better player than Battle, glad to have battle back though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar