You're losing more than games, Munchak.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

It was a weird day at LP field. Not only was the team flat, but the fans were as well. Starting with the introduction of the players their was just no energy in the stadium.

This loss was a total team effort (or lack their of). CJ had nothing to do with our defense giving up over 200yds rushing and our defense had nothing to do with our RB only having 1.8ypc. We got beat on both sides of the ball from an effort standpoint, from a mental standpoint and from a physical standpoint.

The Ravens game gave us all a bunch of hope for the season because we whipped a good team. Unfortunately that game happens to be the anomaly.

Munch does need to make a change or two to try and wake the team up. I don't care if the decision is to bench CJ or bench an OLman, but something has to change because what we have now isn't working.

On defense it appears to me that the guys have lost faith in the guys infront of them doing their jobs. This means that guys are trying to cover up for other guys and while doing this they are screwing up their own assignments which then leaves the safeties in a pickle trying to decide which gap they need to cover. Gap control was non-existent yesterday. Instead we had gaping holes because so many guys were trying to do their own thing.

From a defensive calling stansdpoint it does appear that Gray has backed off on some of his pressure packages. I haven't noticed near as much run blitzing by the Lbers or DB blitzing the past 2 weeks.

It will be very interesting to see how this team responds this week.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you credibility would be higher if you would have posted something BEFORE sunday. Your IQ would still be bovinic though

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Not really. The Colts suck worse than we do. They are no measuring stick for progress.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

LOL....where is that picture you posted to illustrate the AFC South Race again? Appropriate for this upcoming game as well.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

There is not a team in the NFL the Titans should beat.

6. BlakeRx

BlakeRx Starter

Fantastic post, Deuce.

7. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

You sound like Obama and his followers.

I like how you said, "You don't have to WIN, you don't have to SOLVE anything", just CHANGE IT!

You see, these very same starters have won us 3 games. We KNOW they can WIN and we know they can play well. The ONE person we are missing is BRITT, so we need to replace him, which is why we should get T.O.

But yah, other than replacing Britt(And giving Ringer a few more carries), there is no change needed. They just need to play better and be coached better.

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I don't think TO could remotely begin to replace Britt.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

What planet are people like you from?

You do know how hypocritical this is, right?

In no other activity in your life would you sit around waiting for something to work because "it worked before"...

If you car stopped running. You'd keep trying to start it until it finally just worked again, huh? Hey, it worked before! It'll work again. No need to get anything fixed! I won 3 games with this POS! Maybe... just maybe a gust of wind from Cleveland or Denver will push it a bit... right?

10. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

Unfortunately for your analogy Deuce, an NFL football team is NOT a CAR. I wish it was, then I could just replace the starter(with one that I know works) and it would crank up and RUN.

You see, an NFL Football team is a guessing game... it is more like 5 card draw Poker game. I have 2 Aces (hearts and spades), a 5(of hearts), 10(of Hearts) and 3(of clubs).

Should I discard the 5, 10 and 3 and go for a 3 of Kind, or discard the spade and club and go for a Flush?

I may win or I may lose no matter what I do.. but I will KEEP THE TWO ACES because a HIGH pair is better than casting it aside and going for a FLUSH.

We know what we have WINS... casting them away and starting over has WON NOTHING.

But, like I said, I would discard the 3 of clubs and start Ringer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar