Young Returns to Practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans need a player who can manage the game and protect the football far more than they need a playmaker.

Collins is the man until he gets hurt or tanks.
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Collins can't play like he has so far. VY will be the starter by the end of the season.
  3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

How do you figure? His passer rating is over 80, he's only turned the ball over once, and we're 3-0 with him as a starter. Looks good to me, if it ain't broke don't fix it man
  4. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

He's not saying it's broken. He's say he won't continue at this level.
  5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I see that, but I don't agree. I think KC is doing exactly what we wanted VY to do, make plays when you need to, at least act like you're gonna throw it deep, and not throw picks. I think as long as we've got that then we'll be good
  6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I could see that happening.
  7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I don't think you do. No one is disagreeing there that Collins isn't playing how we want him to play but rather will not continue at this level.
  8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I just don't see why not...he hasn't made any major mistakes so far. The Vikings 'unstoppable' D line didn't even sack him. I think we've got the run game and O line protection to keep teams away from him. Until he starts showing glimpses of making mistakes, I'm not gonna count on it happening
  9. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I do not think we can win a super bowl with a qb only capable of managing games. Vince young has more potential to win games in the 4th quarter for us. Managing games will get us a good regular season record but will not bring success in the playoffs. Some of you guys compare us to the Baltimore team that won with dilfer. That defense gave up a total of 23 points in 4 games in the playoffs. As much as I like our defense, we are not at the level of that ravens defense. They were +10 on turnover margin in that time also. I like collins and I think he's doing a great job managing the game right now but I also don't think we can win in the playoffs with a guy only capable of managing the game.
  10. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

The teams we've played rank 19th, 27th, 29th, and 32nd in sacks. If you combined all 4 of those teams sacks they would be tied with philly for sacks. And I only trail Cincinnati by 2 sacks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.