Young or Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

people are begining to be frustrated with the offense, with Volek as teh current starter, i see more and more people wanting to push Young into the starting position, hoping his playmaking abilities will get the team some wins, but as a rookie, learning a new offense, on a struggling team, how close is young to starting, and who should really start?
  2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

These are the same people from last year that yelled to pull McNair out and put Volek in. Am I lying?
  3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

the backup is always the most popular QB :ha:
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Yao

Volek has the potential to be good, but he's playing like a wussy. Right now young is the better qb for the conservative style of offense we are throwing out there. But both qb's would benefit if it opened up.
  5. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

The problem last night wasn't Billy or Vince. It was the O line that couldn't seem to create even the smallest of seams for someone to run thru.

God bless LenDale, he did manage to bully for a few yards on 3rd and short.

And another thing...I personally would like to see Henry do well...But was he a total dud or what?
  6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

But as you said, the line was truly offensive.
  7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

actually Henry did better than White..look at the stats and you will see, plus don't forget Henry's long run was called back by a penalty
  8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

We're obviously not very good so what good does it do to start Volek with your future on the bench? I would rather watch VY learn and get better than watch us continually suck with Volek. At least if we started VY he would be ready to go next year with a full year experience under his belt.

I say throw him in fire.
  9. but everyone talks about him losig his confidence if he doesnt do so well
  10. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Good points on Henry guys...Maybe I just expect more from him
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.