Young gets a hand in Titans' draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

just becasue you guys dont like the picks or hate the team so much, guess what, whining and crying isnt going to do anything, be happy with what you have and lets watch another titan football season k?

2. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Going with what 99% of the internet hacks and talking heads say is about as bad a bet as you can get. Like, lottery-ticket bad. For the most part, they have no idea what they are seeing with their own eyes, if indeed they have even seen these players with their own eyes. Many of them demonstrably have not.

It becomes glaringly obvious when you hear them saying things about players you know a lot about and have seen for years. A good example off the top of my head was that Vince would have a lot of balls batted down at the LOS because of his low release. And that kind of thing is the rule, not the exception.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh. It's pretty simple. If someone can't do well against no-talent college teams, why would they be pro-bowlers in the NFL? It doesn't take much thought to come to certain conclusions, and that's one of them. If you're not important playing for the Alabama School of Arts for Beginning Technical Students Ravens, then you probably don't have much hope against top competition in the NFL.

4. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Lots of guys do great in the NFL who didnt do anything in college. Priest Holmes was 2nd team at Texas. Leon Lett was a 7th rounder. Dallas had the 1st overall pick that year: Russell Maryland. They solved their DT problem all right. Just not with the guy they thought. I am afraid it is not that simple, and to whatever extent it is simple, the talking heads and internet hacks do not have the answers.

Again, they often don't see talent when they actually do watch games, which doesnt seem to be that often.

5. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Paul Williams didn't suck in college. He was phenomenal his junior year. Then was hurt some his senior year and Fresno had two (terrible) quarterbacks in a quarterback controversy. He isn't *proven* but he didn't suck.

6. Deuce Wayne

I wouldn't call 43 yds for 700 yards phenomenal.
    I'm not saying it's a sure thing that if they were bad (or just not very good) that they won't be in the NFL, but it is a very safe bet. Look, we can all find exceptions and say "Oh yeah, but what about these 10 players out of the thousands?", but no matter how many Tom Brady types you can find, I can find 100 more pre-starting Tom Brady types that never panned out and lived up to expectations.

7. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Tom Brady is one thing, but good NFL players who became really good only after college are the rule, not the exception. You dont draft on who the best players are at age 22, but who will be best at age 25-30. Sometimes those correspond, often they dont.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I listened to Mack Brown today talk about Filani and he had great things to say about the guy's abilities...he should know as they played against them.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

All the reporter is saying is that each WR has long arms and good hands.

10. Deuce Wayne

Sweet, so we better not be seeing any alligator armed catches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar