You can show any clip of Chris Brown you want . . .

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I have a funny feeling that Chris will not only win the starting spot, but he'll have a few games where he rushes for 0ver 100 yards ... before halftime. Just like the good 'ol days

of course, that funny felling could be the Amber Bock

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

people forget that Henry looked average to mediocre prior to Vince getting the gig and the restructuring of the line

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah. You're right. I should've clarified. I meant the crappiness of our line circa 2004-05. They've gotten much better.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The biggest thing going for Brown is the line. With any luck, it'll be a bit of the "anyone can run behind the Denver o-line" happening. I can see Brown gaining over a thousand for a season or two. I think it depends on if he can win the starting job, of course, and whether or not Fisher decides to start off like he did last year, rotating. There could be even more rotating this year, but I imagine Henry plays on special teams, comes in to catch a pass, take a carry. He'll graduate slowly unless he blows the doors off. I see it as Brown and White rotating, and Brown has the early lead.

This camp is Brown's best chance ever since George retired. If he can stay healthy, he has the chance to shut us all up, and get the contract he's seeking. It's sink or swim time for him.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Brown is what he is. He is not a franchise RB because he has several major weaknesses to his game. He is horrible in short yardage, has a problem with injuries and is somewhat fumble prone.

He is a solid blocker, has good hands, has a great stiff arm, is sneaky fast, and has good vision which makes him a homerun threat.

Chow should be able to put him in situations to succeed. I see Brown getting most of the carries between the 20s while White will get the carries coming out of the endzone, going into the endzone and short yardage between the 20s.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

[​IMG]

Wrong!

The Titans will create a new formation for a super run unit incorporating a 3 RB, 5 O-line, Young, Hall, Scaife.

It will be called the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse", a force none can recon with .....

The new British prime minister, some believe he's a Thatcher clone. Will he carry out her policies? Jack Germonde!

Yeah I've had a couple :clown:

7. Nine

Nine Starter

Exactly.

Nobody considers Brown to be a franchise back; that's just not him. He's something of a feast-or-famine player....he's very strong in some areas, while in other areas, he downright sucks.

If the Titans expect him to be the bellcow and carry the ball 20 times per game, they're going to be sorely disappointed.

But if Chow can utilize him in a way that empahasizes his strengths and downplays his shortcomings, Brown could play a huge role in the Titans' offense.

We know that Chow truly understands how to utilize a 1-2 RB combo; look at what he did with Lendale & Bush, and both of them were highly productive.

My biggest concern is whether Fisher can let go of that EG/Franchise RB mentality. Going into 2006, Fish talked about utilizing a 1-2 punch at RB....but when the chips were down, 80% of the carries went to Henry, and benched Brown almost immediately.

Hopefully this year will be different.

8. I agree with you on this but i think Jeff did the right thing with keepin Henry the primary guy.Henry was on fire last year and played well with the o-line.I think if you have 1 guy that shows that hes being consistint every game like Henry did then you have to keep him in.Now with a situation like Chris Brown's where he plays good for 3 games then either gets hurt or sucks for the next two then you throw another back in there.We'll see what happens

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all Brown AND Henry both stunk at the start of last year and LW got a pass because he was 1. a rookie they wanted to evaluate and 2. the team wasn't sure Brown OR Henry would be back the next year.

Henry was the guy who happened to have the break out game and Henry is a good back so they went with him and LW for the reasons stated above. Brown has shown exceptional ability but also Brown is a guy who needs another back to help carry the load.

Actually this whole thread is meaningless anyway. Eddie was a 1st round pick and expected to be a franchise player. Brown was a 3rd round pick and he has had injury issues. The Titans hoped Brown could fill Eddies shoes (pretty large shoes) but also the Titans were simply trying to get value in the draft because they were going into CAP hell and needed some young players to step in and fill some big shoes. Did Calico fill Mason's shoes (2nd round pick that year)? Did Woolfolk fill Rolle's shoes (1st round pick that year)? IMO Brown is a perfect compliment to a guy like LW, is a solid 3rd down passing situation back and just because he wasn't the next Eddie George is not being completely fair IMO. When George was in his prime, pre-toes injury he was an animal. If used properly (play Brown in situations where he can succeed and don't play him in situations where he can't) Brown can be very valuable to the offense.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:thumb: exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar