Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Yeah Let's Cut CJ!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Nov 3, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,172

Which in turns means that Johnson is a decent but not great running back that can make nothing happen independently and is completely irrelevant to our running success and thus should be jettisoned from the team this offseason.

You can't have it both ways.
    GoT high fives this.
  2. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,483

What about his big td's off of screens.

His presence on the field is more important than most "ignorant" fans give him credit for. For example. That big screen to mooney yesterday worked b/c we faked it to CJ and the entire defense bit that way.
  3. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,172

And if we would have faked it to Greene the entire defense would have most likely still bit on the play action because that is what over aggressive defenses like the Rams do when given a play fake. Chris Johnson's presence has an impact but you are over playing it tremendously in order to excuse his lack of production.
    Ensconatus high fives this.
  4. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,483

No thats not the case at all. That 3rd down swing pass to greene would not have worked if it would have been to CJ.
  5. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,172

Well that is your completely unprovable opinion and is also not the play we are talking about.

It is basic football strategy that you attack an overly aggressive defense with play action fakes, screens, and counters to get them moving in one direction and then going somewhere else with the football. That fact that a play fake worked has more to do with the play and the situation then it does with Chris Johnson and his "effect".
  6. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,188
    You're so oblivious and absentminded when it comes to CJ discussions. Yes, our offense line has been average (at best) and anyone would admit that. However, if you're a "playmaker" you shouldn't need perfect blocking to be consistent. Put two and two together, CJ isn't elite anymore and is making elite money. It's really that simple. I don't hate CJ, I hate that we're paying him ridiculous money, when it could be used elsewhere.
    Ensconatus and GoT high five this.
  7. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $6,583
    don't ask don't tell
    Ensconatus high fives this.
  8. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,650
    Debating CJ2K with a CJ2K person is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what happens, he’s just going to knock the pieces over, **** all over the board, and strut around like he won.
  9. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $6,583
  10. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,650
    In 1 game.

First TD of the season! Wooooooooo......

The rookie Stacy did just as well. But go on be delusional.