Y!'s Roy Johnson on Jeff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Blame Jeff Fisher for that. The Titans' head coach was as stubborn as Senate Republicans as the team's season got off to a start for the ages – the dark ages. Loss after ignominious loss occurred – 59-0 to New England! – as Fisher all but refused to pull Kerry Collins. No, the losses could not all be pinned on the QB but something had to be done – if for no reason other than to discern whether the team's most significant investment since Steve McNair (Young as a No. 3 NFL draft pick in 2006) could even play, let alone be the team's future leader.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/blog/ro...t=AoDG0kiv4OvFDGo9TNG35sFDubYF?urn=top,210787

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Nice read but no way Vince is a legit MVP contender. I don't really see how anyone can argue he deserves it more than Manning or Brees this season. Yeah Vince wins games, but so do they (Manning and Brees).

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Nice read. No way on VY MVP considerations. CJ is much more deserving. Brees and Manning have great records and stats, CJ's are just as impressive.

4. amy

amy Starter

Nice of him to give Vince cudos. What is the criteria for MVP? Why can't an MVP come from a team which made a dramatic about face from total humiliation? If we go 10-6, why wouldn't Vince be a contender?

If we do go 10-6, I do hope everyone remembers that Fisher waited a third of the season to do something simply because he had preconceived notions about what Vince could do and refused to change those views until he had to. And I might add this is still continuing as playing Harper tonight indicates.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Vince is comeback player of the year for sure, don't know why anyone expects anymore or any less at this point. But yes we are aware Jeff is at fault.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well we can only go 9-7 but I see your point. I don't have a problem with Vince's name being thrown in the MVP hat, I just don't see how he could be put ahead of Manning or Brees. If Vince had been starting all along, maybe. I just don't think you can simply extrapolate his numbers and say he definitely would've had equally great stats had he started the first 6 games. It's no secret I'm a big VY fan but you never know, he could've had some very bad games in that first 6 game stretch. And on the flip side, I don't think you can hold it against Manning and Brees that their teams didn't get off to an abysmal start. They've been playing great all season long.

And finnegan2win, I definitely agree VY should easily be comeback POY. Earlier in the season it looked like Benson had that on lock. But especially if we win out, I don't see how Vince doesn't win the award. Pretty much everyone (media and fans alike) had written Vince off but he's been playing out of his mind.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Manning and Brees does great every season, should players that is expected to do great even be allowed to be MVP? if so, then i'll go ahead and bet money Brees and Manning will be in the MVP running next season.

im betting $1,000 if youre interested.

MVP should be a guy that has stepped up his game and really improved and proved haters wrong.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Disagree. MVP=most valuable player, not most improved hater shutter-upper.

MVP should go to the most valuable player in the league, no stipulations. Otherwise the MVP title is a complete joke. Why should the fact that Manning and Brees are consistently good be held against them? If you're the best player 5 years in a row then you deserve 5 MVP trophies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar