Xbox One

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by xpmar9x, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I hope no one on this thread uses a credit card of any type. The amount of information gathered on your spending habits..where you have used it...and how the data is sold between corporations and "data gathering" companies should be more bothersome than if a microphone on a gaming unit is contantly listening for an "Xbox on" command.

I do not lean strongly to either side of this other than I have used my PS3 much more than my Xbox 360. But every article I have read on this topic seems to indicate that the Kinect is not actively recording/monitoring video or audio at any time outside of gaming and listening for the on command when the system is off...and even that can be turned off.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yeah, I don't see it ever being "on" except when the system is in use. That's why I'm curious how active it is when the system is actually on. I honestly, from what I've read but nothing concrete yet, wonder if it's a feature that must be on and seeing you so the Xbox can function properly - sort of MS's safety switch.

To just assume you can turn it off without any evidence to support it AND to cement that claim by arguing that it is fact is irresponsible, at best.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

=(

me and you XO.. partners in feels for life.

4. Titans Eternal

QFT

also, ladies. Shave your bhole.

Just please. Don't make us have to ask for you to do it. You should automatically do it. Nobody wants to see that.

btw Geronimo, you should probably entirely shave your pubes instead of just trimming. You need all the help you can get.

:giggle:

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

I think that in light of the info gathering by the NSA coming to light recently is another thing that is bothering many about having the connect "watch" you when the box is in use.

6. Titans Eternal

ugh that is the fking worst man.

"Hey granny, you think this is an ingrown hair, or aids?"

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I know the first thing I want to do when I buy a brand new $500 gaming system is deal with privacy settings to turn off a ****ing camera.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Also muff is hot.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Does AIDS even have a "look" down there?

Don't be subjecting your granny to that sh*t!

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. Call it paranoid if you want (and it probably is), but the problem is simply that there would be an "always on" camera in your living room. While Xbox is supposedly only using it to turn the system on/off and for games, what about the government (sounds stupid, but not really all that far-fetched)? What about hackers? I've read of people's webcams being hacked and turned on without their permission. What's to stop something like that from happening with the Kinect?

Personally, I don't have anything to hide. I'm not making bombs, I'm not dealing drugs, and I'm not walking around my living room naked. I just don't like it from a pure privacy standpoint. I don't even really share much personal stuff about myself on social media. So I damn sure don't like the idea of an internet connected camera sitting in my living room 24/7.

If you can indeed "just turn it against the wall" then that's good I suppose. But it's still stupid that you'll now have a camera in your living room facing the wall at all times though. Personally, I don't think there's anything Xbox can do to get me to buy this system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar