Would you trade Ringer?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JMB54, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Ringer is our only legit backup...Reynaud and Harper have been good this preseason...have they ever been good before? Ringer killed it for us when he played last year, and just because 2 backups played good against slawdogs ya'll think he's garbage? no...he's still the number 2 runningback here

2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Not that he's garbage but that we could actually get something for him.

3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I mean if we could get a 4th round pick for him then maybe I'd trade him, but I wouldn't trust Harper and Reynaud as backups quite yet...

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

[quote="J .... Ringer killed it for us when he played last year, and just because 2 backups played good against slawdogs ya'll think he's garbage? no...he's still the number 2 runningback here[/quote]

Yea, Ringer killed it with whopping 3.0 YPC last year before he got hurt.
    Don't worry, no team is stupid enough to offer anything for the guy. There will be guys walking the street that can play RB the Lions can get.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

I would trade Ringer for Calvin Johnson.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why would anybody trade for a garden variety backup at any position?

A starting caliber player who has been on the bench like Schaub or Turner but trade a draft pick for a run of the mill backup? How often do you see that?

Teams have reports on every player in the league while they were prospects before the draft. Just wait for the cuts and see of you can get a guy you like. Ringer is not a starting caliber back.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Every player in every team sport in the world wants to start. It is not a character flaw!

8. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

lets be honest here. Ringer was another Jeff Fisher project. If not for the Titans Ringer would be out of work or on someones practice squad. He does nothing special. he fell into the 2nd RB job.

Wont take long for Reynaud to move up.

9. SRW293

SRW293 Starter

After tonight Ringer is gone

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I do think it's time to cut Ringer.

I hate to say it, but he just isn't going to bring anything to the table for us. We've seen the best he's capable of doing. Harper looks like he's really taken a step forward. Reynaud has tons of potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar