Would Jeff Fisher cement HOF status if he coached the Titans to a Superbowl win?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Right now, I don't think Fisher is near HOF status. With one superbowl appearance and being one yard away... Hypothetically, let's say he won a superbowl with the Titans... Would this make him a hall of famer?

Last year, many felt like Manning needed to win a second superbowl to really cement himself as one of the best ever. Remember, he really didn't have a great superbowl game although he is a HOF regardless.

With coaches, is it different? Many consider Tony Dungy a future HOF coach, if Fisher won a SB, wouldn't his resume stack up evenly with Dungys? Doesn't it even out weigh his a bit if he actually pulled off a SB?

Will it happen? You never know. That's why they play the game.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The question I always ask myself is, would your average fan go to the hall of fame to see Jeff Fisher. and the answer is no. He's likeable, but he's not really Hall of Fame material. There's nothing famous about him. But a superbowl win I believe would instantly put Vince young into the Hall of Fame because Vince's star shines much brighter regardless of his numbers. I think he could be one of the few hall of famers who is stat resistant when it comes to the voting. Jeff Fisher is going need at least 2 superbowls, maybe more. His likeability helps, but he is not memorable.

3. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

very unlikely and same for Dungy. It's not the hall of the very good...

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I was going to try to dispute this, but you are right. The Hall is elite particularly with coaches. Fisher would at least need 2 for serious consideration.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it seems like its a lot harder for coaches to make the hall, so i don' think one would do it.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Dungy will go to the hall of fame because he was the first African American head coach to win a superbowl. The HOF likes "Firsts" and thats a huge first.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yet again this is a matter for internet research to see the 21 coaches who have made the hall of fame.

Marv Levy, George Allen, Bud Grant are there and none of them won a super bowl. Sid Gillman is there and he won an AFL title in 63. Hank stram is there with 2 super bowl appearances and one win but honestly any idiot could have won with the 69 chiefs a team laoded with HOF players.

Levy and Grant went to several super bowls but never won.

George Allen had a high percentage of playoff appearances but only made one super bowl and lost. Allen does get a lot of credit for the 63 bear defense that led them to a title that year.

If we had a nice run of winning seasons much like we did from 99-2003 and won a championship in one of those years i think Jeff fisher does get to the hall.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Brilliant! Don't cite the fact he has one of the highest winning percentages in league history cite his color. :rolleyes:

Is Doug Williams in the hall? Dungy deserves the hall, he earned it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fisher isn't even worthy of coaching the Senior Bowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar