With the 33rd Pick of the 2016 Draft: Clemson DE Kevin Dodd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Already proved that with Sebastian Tretola.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

little bit different with a 6th round pick that probably hung around the wrong crowd.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Kevin Dudd looks like the dude at the BBQ who ate all the ribs before you could have some.

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I hate that guy!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Aren't you pretty high on the guy on the right in this picture?

Attached Files:

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Uhh- Belichek has won 5 Super Bowls. Let's not get carried away that Robinson (or by your GM definition Mularkey) is in ANY way comparable to New England's staff. We'll see how this year's rookies do. I wasn't bowled over by our picks- I felt there were harder working draftees on the board with more proven production at a high level than what we picked. Hope I'm wrong there as well. And you have made a huge assumption that our roster is "dramatically" improved from last year. We'll have to see how many wins we get this year. There certainly is a lot of hype, but I didn't see chit out of that "dramatically improved" roster Saturday against the Jets. I saw our veteran OL getting owned and our "star" DB's getting burnt by a journeyman QB and undrafted WR's.

Back to the point, Dodd was a dumb pick at #33. Dodd had VERY little upside and VERY little production. JRob shouldn't have made it. To be fair, it was JRob's first year with an inherited scouting department. He cleaned out a lot of scouts. I'd like for him to own the mistake so I'm reassured it doesn't happen on that scale again. That mistake was more than a bust IMO.

Now- Dodd can come around and wow us all. I'd be ecstatic if he did but I believe we'd have seen some flashes by now if that was really possible. We've seen flashes from draftees from later rounds with less tenure.

7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You want a GM to assure us that he won't make a bad pick in the second round again? Really?

If you don't think the roster is improved, then I don't know what to tell you. If you expect every pick to pan out, I don't know what to tell you, either. My advice would be to look at the draft history of any team in any sport ever.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Go back to Titans Report Soxpuppet!

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dr. Riverman is just saying he wants there to be a higher standard and not to just accept Robinson's mistake of possibly blowing the #33 overall pick in a draft.

The truth about Kevin Dodd is simply this, its still too soon to grade it as a mistake or anything else. Dodd is 1 week back in action and its only August. We shouldn't even talk about Dodd til he comes around on the field week-1.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, but he has something called talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar