Will Whisenhunt Adjust?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Jul 8, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

All we’ve heard since the drafting of Marcus Mariota is that the Titans will tailor the offense to fit his skillset. We’ve heard they will incorporate pieces of the Oregon offense and let Mariota do what he does best.

This seems contradictory to what we saw last season, with Whisenhunt sticking to his system and showing no signs of flexibility at all. So the question is, do you think that Whisenhunt is actually going to change his offense to fit Mariota or is this all talk?

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  2. Rudad

Rudad Starter

I think it happens. Media who attended OTA's said there was changes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

He doesn't have a choice from top down

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  4. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

^ exactly. It's a case of slowly crumble and eventually booted hundreds of miles away from the Tennessee border and banned..... or cater and actually bring your offense to a word that we haven't seen in many, many years ------- CAPABLE.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We drafted 2 RBs that will run their grandma's over, we are going to set our rookie QB up to succeed

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

still trying to find me a David Cobb T shirt jersey lol

7. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

Just out of curiosity, what adjustments do you guys think he should have made in his game plan(s) last year?
    Locker was 3 years in the league, and while he was initially pretty mobile, he was far from a spread QB in terms of route familiarity.
    Mett came out of a pocket passer/pro-set system at LSU, so he should have been more "pro ready" ala the way Jameis Winston was sold.

What exactly do y'all think should have been done? I've read a few older threads here and in other places, and I'm not sure what fans were expecting initially.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We knew upon arriving Whiz would try making us into a pass first team, but we didn't know our OLine would be hot garbage rendering our RB's useless. Everyone except Greene is dependent on those holes being there, then he got hurt so run game tanked making us one-dimensional. Every good team has balance and when you don't you put a strain somewhere. For us it was on defense, no team can have their D playing 45 minutes and be ok..

If we simply create a balanced attack featuring more runs, we should be much improved all around IMO.

And by running more we can better hide the fact or linemen are lousy pass blockers

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I don't believe whis has a choice in the matter. This is Mariotas team now. Just like the dolts were mannings team.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

I firmly believe Whis had no intention of adjusting to Jake. Why would he? Jake wasn't his QB.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar