Will Vince Young throw at the combine.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanduck77, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I think right now Young thinks about Throwing before running. Sure he runs great, but from the games I have seen him in, he seems to go thru his progressions before running. Now, he may not go thru all of them or let the play develop enough, but that can be taught. I think right now he is more prepared to be a QB in the NFL than the last "running" QB, Michael Vick.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Prag, I think that is a good opinion based on what I've read from scouts so far. But I also think there has been some misinformation on Young.

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

4. idrockfan

idrockfan Savvy Vet

Another Source...

From the Houston Chronicle

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

As much as fans and teams complain about this, I wouldnt do it in their shoes either. They have nothing to gain from it. They are already slotted to be the 2nd and 3rd players off the board, and they cant improve their standing. The only thing they could do is hurt it.

Jay Cutler will because he is trying to move up the draft board.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That only holds true if teams do in fact rate both at the top. But taking Young as an example, nobody knows how much of an issue his mechanics are for a given team. And not working out at the combine is one less chance to prove to these teams that it's nothing to worry about.

As I believe Pat Kirwan wrote, there's no reason not to compete in the combine unless you have something to hide. Especially this year where they're not guaranteed to be in the top 3 maybe not even top 10. Just look at what happened to Rodgers.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Vigsted...

Right now, Bush, Young and Leinhart are consensus top 3 picks. The only thing right now that they could do to drop out of the top 3 is to have a bad work out. This is not the first time top players haven't participated in the combine.

BTW, is Bush participating?

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Really? So you know for a fact that those 3 players are the ones the top 3 teams are going to draft? No, it's a consenus among a number of "draftexperts" in the media and regular fans. But we have no idea how the individual clubs rate them. Hell Titans could have Bush lower than White if they feel he's too small and fragile. You just never know.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Again...it isn't hard to grasp. The top 3 players in the draft have only 1 way to go. Down. It isn't like they won't be working out...they will hold private workouts and Pro Days at their school.

You act like this is the first year ever than players have held out of the combine. It is more common than not that the top players draft.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No, I've always felt that everyone should work out. And personally I question anyone who chooses not to. How many workplaces apart from the NFL allow you to refuse a job aptitude test and insist on taking it at "home" where you're more comfortable?

I mean I understand why Young won't throw, because I do question his ability. I just feel the NFL should make it a requirement to participate in the Combine that you do all the drills. As it is now Bush, Leinart and Young are just freeloading, getting interviews for free, whereas players like Brick, Hawk, etc. have to work for it. But that's just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar