Will Titans Offense Be Powerful Enough To Keep Up With Patriots?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Well the main thing i am wondering is can we match New England on the scoreboard if it comes down to it.If Locker has a pretty good game throwing the ball around and the running game opens up for CJ we could definitely do it especially if our defense holds the Patriots to under a certain amount of points.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we get pushed into playing their game, we'll lose, so we have to play our own kind of football.

I think we'll try running the ball early to test our line, and to keep Brady off the field.

3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

As long as our first three plays aren't handoffs to CJ for a net gain of 5~6 yards, I'm cool with it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Its all about the defense and the pass rush. If we get in Brady's kitchen and stay there we can win. Brady doesnt do well with a pass rush. He will make mistakes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

here's what i've been thinking will happen for the game.... we run our vanilla crap for beginning and start to get killed... Locker continues to be inaccurate and inconsistent and we'll be down like 35-3 at the half....
    Palmer decides to open the playbook wide open out of desperation and Locker starts to improve in terms of accuracy and starts hitting all of his passes since there's no point in running the ball when we're down by that much.... we still lose in the end, but this game starts the trend in Locker starting to becoming accurate and consistent and sets the pace for the entire season

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If we can execute our offense then we will be able to move the ball. The pats defense wasn't great last yr. Sure they have tried to upgrade the defense by adding 2 1st rnd rookies in Jones and Hightower, but they are rookies playing in their first game on the road. I don't see Jones doing much against Roos. If they are going to generate pressure they are going to have to blitz or do it from their 3-4 look because their base 4-3 look won't pressure Locker. Their safeties are a new tandem as well bringing in the guy from the Bolts and having Chung return from injury.....this is no Ravens defense with a playmaker at every level.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The Pats aren't the team they were for the past few years (they werent that team last season, either)...

I think people have this myth in their head about who the Patriots are.

8. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Waits for this to become a CJ stat thread full of quotes.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

For us to even consider having a shot at this game, we don't want a shootout. We have to have long, methodical drives ending in TDs and stops on defense. Even if we play a perfect game, the odds will be stacked against us.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

They still have Tom Brady, Gronk, and Aaron Hernandez. And we have a team that traditionally lets decent QB's pick us apart and TEs run wild. Maybe this year will be different. I certainly hope so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar