Will history repeat itself? (McNair vs Locker)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans23, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

This isn't some kind of gotcha question and I'm not trying to make any point, just honestly curious in your opinion. Do you believe that in this new NFL a team should give a QB prospect no more than 3 years to prove he has "it"? In the old days QB's got forever to develop, in light recent success by young QB's should all the old standards change?

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well in all fairness, they kind of had their backs up against the wall.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Really?

Those are Steve's QB ratings over his career.

His career average: 82.

Tony Romo makes Steve McNair look like garbage. Is Tony Romo HOF candidate material?

Find me another QB in the HOF with an 82 career QB rating.

Better yet- find me one that hasn't eclipsed the 90 mark but 3 times in their career.

That's not average?

Sorry pal. Your fandom blinds you.

You don't get extra skill points for being "tough" or playing injured- which is the only thing Steve did exceptionally well.

4. Deuce Wayne

QB's come into the league more ready now. It doesn't take the time to groom QBs that it did 10 years ago.

They're either close to their ceiling or not. But things like accuracy? Inability to read blitzes, etc?

If you can't do that stuff by year 3- you're not going to be doing it well in any other year.

You can tell which QBs are going to be good now within their first 2 years.

Look around the league.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You have to agree with DW on this one. Unless Locker tears it up the rest of the year, we need to move on.

6. Deuce Wayne

Jake will be a great backup somewhere. He's that type of player.

Like a Chase Daniel, Kevin Kolb, Nick Foles, etc.

That's not a terrible thing. It takes a lot of elements to be a solid QB in the NFL. He's missing a few of them.

But we knew this with him coming out of college. So it shouldn't be a shock.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Thank you. I've been getting the same gut feeling. I watch Trent Dilfer coaching up those young QB's in the Elite 11 competitions and can tell just how much further along young QB's are today than in the past. I really want Jake to be the answer but when I see a guy like Andy Dalton who was pretty much projected to be little more than a game manager in the NFL, look so much more poised and polished than Jake, I get concerned. Jake's measurables put Dalton to shame but even 11 starts in Dalton looked like a legit NFL QB.Jake not so much as of now.

I'm not throwing in the towel though. This is the year. We owe ourselves and Jake at least one full year to prove himself to us. Unlike some I do buy into the "limited starts" theory, it logically makes sense to me but if he stinks it up or gets hurt again, we should definitely part ways.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Just our Luck we get a top 10 pick in one of the weakest QB classes in recent memory. Why couldn't we have the Colt's Luck?

9. Deuce Wayne

Even Cam Newton- whom I fully expected to bust was way above the curve his Rookie season.

And is still playing well. With Cam, you see the flashes. They're consistent.

And he had tons of question marks, but he looks like an NFL QB on Sundays.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

have you been watching him this season? He isn't very clutch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar