Wide Receivers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TenACTyrant, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

Why are they not physical? if the ball comes to them that's great, they'll make a play for it, but our receivers never come back for the ball or get physical. If they actually have to fight for it they pretty much give up.

we have many other problems than this but i havent seen a lot about this. you watch other teams and receivers will attack the football. we just wait for it to arrive.
  2. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What!

poor coaching! and the WR's havnt been use to getting this many passes thrown their direction, we are a run firts team (Fisherball).
  3. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

TenAC and 10EC...that's funny, you guys related somehow...
  4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Haha...now we need a TennICTyrant.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What!

i feel ripped off! i am the original! OG
  6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

posted this somewhere else..but..

Who the F is our WRs coach and what is he doing when he's not throwing bricks at our receivers? He should throw them footballs that way they aren't surprised when they see them in games. He's scared our WRs s***less.
  7. Gut

Gut Starter

Well...

It's partly a function of who is playing WR. Nate Washington is a deep threat WR who's not used to coming BACK for the ball so a lot of his drops are on come backs or passes over the middle where he might get munched.

Britt, as I have detailed prior to the draft and after the draft, is NOT a natural hands catcher. He will fight on blocks and through traffic, but he doesn't naturally (read as always) reach out for the ball. Almost every one of his drops is because he tried to cradle the ball to his chest instead of catching it with his hands.

Gage DOES fight for the ball, but he's seen a lot of tight coverage and a lot of double coverage too. The Jets frequently doubled him or put Revis on him on 3rd downs. The Colts did this to a lesser extent also.

Britt should start over Washington with Wash coming in to play the slot. Let gage and Britt handle the outside come backs as they are bigger more physical wr's and let Wash use his speed on crosses, seam, out, slats, and post patterns.

Gut
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Coaching..coaching..coaching !!!
  9. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

i just hope we can get another coach in there before we ruin the great talent that Britt has. COACH 'EM UP BOYS!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.