Why The BCS Is The Holy Roman Empire Of Sports

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Did you really just dismiss USC? As for Notre Dame, they've played Michigan for as long as I remember, that's basically a tradition game. But I agree, Michigan usually doesn't play tough out of conference teams. Unless you count 2014 when they play App State.

Still waiting for someone to refute the fact that the conference leaders didn't want a playoff because of money. Instead it was said they did it out of fear, I easily disproved that yet heard no rebuttal. Not that I'm surprised. It's easy to make stupid claims but it's almost impossible to back them up when someone calls you out on them.

SEC, winning on the football field, losing in the classroom.
  3. World Peace

World Peace n/a

I see a buncha wins against bowl teams and a last second loss because of a missed field goal to a quality TCU team that I'm sure could beat both Alabama and LSU. Neither of these teams have faced a real offense. The closet thing to it is the gimmick offense they run up in Oregon. Oh yeah, i remember when Boise held them to 8 points.

All these teams made bowls:

Wyoming
    Arizona St
    SDSU
    Nevado
    Tulsa
    Toledo
    UGA

But since all those teams are garbage, i guess the bowl system is garbage too.

7 wins against bowl teams... but Boise state has the easiest schedule? Child please. I guess Alabama can have fun playing teams like Georgia Southern while Boise State plays a big boy schedule.
  4. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Argument isnt strong enough so you feel the need to say, "You may beat the crap outta us, but we're smarter!"

Your guys hate for the SEC is hilarious
  5. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Boise State vs Alabama schedule ....are you kidding me? What 3 teams on Boise's schedule is better than Arkansas, LSU, and Penn State?
  6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

That wasn't my argument. It was a joke because you guys were ignoring my actual argument. Thanks for proving the point though.
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

Its fear of losing money.

If there was a playoff and the SEC had won 14/14 National titles instead of just 8/14, imagine the damage to every other conference. At that point it would be realistic that they would just separate the SEC from the rest of college football. The SEC would be div1 while the rest would be div2.
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

Sec-sec-sec !!!
  9. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Debating with the SEC haters is liken to arguing a lawsuit after the jury has found in your favor. Let them wallow in their second class misery alone.
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Pot meet kettle.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.