Why play CJ in the fourth?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's hard to complain about the coaching in a blowout but I did question why we saw CJ in there late.

Titans were up 31-6 at the end of the third.

Mike Keith said on the radio that the Titans were "working" on some stuff with CJ. Personally, I call...

:bsflag:

How about working with some stuff with Ringer? You have one of those tired 6'-11 1/2", 438 lbs. Raider tackles, pissed that they're getting spanked, fall on CJ's knee and the season is over.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I completely agree. Fisher always used to pull Eddie and McNair if we were up by 20+ late in a game. Not sure what his motives were this week...

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I didn't have a problem with him in to start the fourth quarter, but once it was around 6:00 minutes left it definitely crept into my mind.

Other than the long run the running game was pretty unspectacular, so I guess Keith could be right.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I can't complain after a win like that. I'm sure others will, but after that outing, Fisher looked like the coach the media makes him out to be.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

It was the first game of the season...last thing this team needs is another preseason game while 31 other teams play for real. It was important to get everyone the reps.

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I didn't see a problem with it, but then again I'm greedy and I want CJ to get all the yards he can, no matter how/when he does it. He can get injured at any point so no one can really say he's more likely to get hurt at one point of a game than another.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

2,500 yards doesn't come easy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

at some point you pull your starters. there was no need to give CJ 27 carries. I don't think he should get more than 20 carries a game personally. I did think Ringer looked pretty good, he hit the hole hard and actually was a nice changeup.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's on pace to break the record... Well he did better this years week-1 than last years. Not much of a pace with only one game, but I'm thinking he breaks 2105.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

CJ is frustrating to watch sometimes. Or could be the OL's fault. He'll have a few plays that gain lots of yards, and tons that gain nothing or lose yards. That often sets us up in 3rd and longs that won't be easily converted. CJ's all or nothing style can win us games, but it can also lose us games because of the lack of consistent yardage. Hopefully enough of his big runs end up being TDs, so it will be a non issue.

Yesterday, he definitely played well enough. I'm happy with Ringer too. Didn't look too slow yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar