Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Why keep Rusty?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 11, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,787
    I've been a fan of "The Rifle's" arm for a long time and fully expected him to get a shot to be the #2 entering this season before the Titans signed Fitz. I can understand Munch wanting more experience behind Locker so why keep Rusty instead of developing a young QB? As the #3, Rusty won't dress on Sunday's.

How safe is Rusty's job? I think it's very likely he's cut and the Titans find a young guy to put on the practice squad. Do you keep Rusty in case Jake gets hurt?
  1. ncaalover12 Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $1,174
    I can't believe we kept a guy like Rusty while someone such as Pat White was out on the street doing the baseball thing...

Makes me facepalm all day
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
  2. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $22,233
    There is no reason at all to keep Rusty on the roster anymore.

Rusty isn't going to get any better, so it's time to move on and find a young QB to get some reps in hope of developing into someone beside Rusty.

With so much competition and very little wiggle room, it should be Rusty's final weeks as a Titan. I highly doubt he gets cut though.
    ncaalover12 and GoT high five this.
  3. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $537
    I think they keep Rusty. If we had a more stable starting QB situation, then he might have a legit shot at becoming the #2, but we really don't know what we have in Locker yet, and we definitely don't want Rusty starting multiple games this year.

I think we do keep him though, just because we have already invested the time into developing him, and he will know this offense and players better than any other young QB that they might bring in, so I think Rusty would be the better option in an emergency situation.

If Locker plays well this year, and they don't feel the need to have an experienced (and expensive) back up, then I think Rusty will be in a real competition for the #2 job, but the position is just too 'up in the air' for that at this point.
  4. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,374
    Can't just cut our best QB. You guys are fking crazy.
    RavensShallBurn, jplusip and Deuce Wayne high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $167
    if he was worth keeping he would be worth something in trade

nobody gonna trade for 'the Rifle' so just cut him before w1
  5. Shanvhere Elite

Moolah:
    $168
    He has been improving and he knows the system and comes cheap, WHYNOT!
    Cajun_Titan_33 and Titans Eternal high five this.
  6. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $537
    You also have to remember that Rusty can be 'inactive' on game days and not count toward the 45 man roster, but can still dress and come in and play in an emergency situation
  7. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $578
    He is a cheap back up that has no aspirations to start. He knows his place, he knows the offense, and is satisfied with his role. Why not keep him?
    mike75, nbtoppers2 and Titans Eternal high five this.
  8. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,374
    Plus he is our best qb.
    ^ see?
    titan520 high fives this.