Why does Jake Locker have to be great?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Apr 3, 2014.

1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He doesn't need to be great he just needs to stay healthy, which is extremely unlikely. It's sad, I feel like if he could just stay healthy he would be a good NFL QB but that's just the way it goes sometimes.
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Speaking about purely on the field performances, VY out performed Jake so far. I'm not really a Vince fan but I do believe this to be true. I'm open to being convinced otherwise as long as it's not some stuff about Young's character or behavior. I know the mistakes he made, but someone please convince me that Jake has done more on the field at this point in his career.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Hormesis

Hormesis Starter

Jake does not have to be great, he just needs to stay on the damn field. I wanted Locker when we drafted him, and although he has been a major disappointment, I still believe that he is going to be our man. This is going to be Locker's year. I believe that, and will keep pounding that drum until proven otherwise. We have a team worthy of the playoffs right now! Qb in the 4th--please no to drafting one in the first. If Manziel is sitting there at 11 and we take him, I am going to be sick and in need of a shower.
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Stop being an idiot. Why did Vince stay off the field? Immaturity.

You could argue Vince was the worst player we have ever drafted.
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I did

Learn to read for ****s sake
  6. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

No you could not and if you tried you would have no facts back it. You of all people on this board have a problem with immaturity? You talk like your 10 years old.
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Want a fact?

Jake has never been on suicide watch or thought about retirement within his first contract.

Bam, fact.
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

And yea, another fact.

Name another player that set this franchise back atleast 3+ years due to that immaturity.

You aren't very smart. You look at highlight reels and tune out everything else.
  9. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

One thing matters at the end of the day in any sport. That's wins. vince was a bad investment, but thus far jake hasn't been any better. Vy was 31-19, locker is 8-10 with 14 games missed or taken out of. He barely hits the field half the time.
  10. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

For those who cant tell, I stand firmly behind Jake Locker, but if I am being completely honest with myself, as badly as it pains me to say it, Vince did do more on the field than Jake has to this point. I am no fan of VY, but I will be totally objective about the topic. I am just hoping that Jake can change that fact this upcoming season. Now off the field, totally different issues. My assessment is strickly on the field. Like I said, pains me to admit, but I believe there is truth to the argument.