Why did Loggains allow Fitzpatrick to throw 41 times?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yes that change got us the lead and when the Chiefs adjusted it hurt us. So when they adjusted to stop the pass more we should have went with the run a little. When we were down 3 with the ball we didnt run once and there was plenty of time. Same when we were down 6.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The pass to Wright was wide open. Fitzs just missed it.

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I am not sure how anyone could question this. If he had continued to try to pound an ineffective running game, everyone would be all over Loggains for that because it simply was not working.

Fitz threw 41 times because it gave us the best chance to win.

In fact, there was a game this season where we ran and ran, then Locker executed a 90+ yard drive and everyone started complaining because we started running again, when it wasnt effective.

In a loss, its easy to complain and question but considering the circumstances, I believe the right choice was made.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Not really. The guy was over the top of wright the whole way. Fitz would have had to throw it short to allow Wright to come back to the ball to catch it.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

he hit him in the shoulder pads on his back shoulder, hardly a "miss".

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. And yet people want to lay the blame for the loss at the feet of the backup QB? Okay.

Fitz did NOT play great. But neither did anyone else on offense. And they are FULL-TIME STARTERS. Be pissed about that first and foremost Titan fans.

The fact that the game even got to the point where our backup QB had to throw the ball 41 times in the first place is the real tragedy here. We aren't set up to be able to consistently win like that. Not even with with Jake 'The Great' Locker in there. Don't get me wrong, we look to be headed in that direction. But we're not there yet. We clearly want to be a team that establishes the run and controls the clock.

Honestly, I think people are just super pissed about the Locker injury and maybe don't want to admit to themselves that we may not be quite as complete of a team as we all hoped. So Fitzpatrick is the easy target to point the finger at and take out their frustrations on. We were playing the #1 defense in the league yesterday and our backup had us in the game. That's all most reasonable people would expect.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

The better question is why does Bilbo Loggains let Locker throw 20/30/37?

Fitz has more pass attempts in one game than Locker has had all season. :chairwack:

8. TitanJeff

It was wide open. Wright could have made a great play and caught the ball but the pass should have been much better.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Youre right, the team let Fitz down, but it was still him who took 3 sacks, and threw 2 INT's, he ultimately failed us.

10. TitanJeff

True. I think the Titans are much better defensively than last season but, until we see more production from the run game, I'm not convinced the Titans are playoff-caliber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar